News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Thankful for a Tiger!

Started by krasha king, October 08, 2005, 06:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krasha king

I know there is the occasional thread about uncomfortable seats on this forum but 'by jiminy' and 'good grief' (pardon the language ) I've just handed back a courtesy Thruxton 900 I had for a few hours while the Tiger was being serviced.

I rode the Thruxton about 30miles home and in that short time and distance I had cramps in my ankles, legs, wrists, back and arse. My right knee was constantly being burnt on the engine and due to a lack of mirrors (dunno why) I was in fear for my life during any manoeuvre. When I got the call to say the Tiger was ready I rode the medieval torture machine back and asked the dealer never to put me back on one again!

Getting back on my Tiger was like sinking into a nice armchair in comparison! It handles so much better with that lovely riding position giving a great view of the world around, also providing a bigger presence on the road. I'd only been away from the Tiger for a few hours but it was a sharp reminder of just how good a bike it is.

Anyone else been thankful to get back on their Tiger?

malc

Oh yes I wnt on my push bike for 8 mile the other day & realised that the engine is knackered

so Ill stik with me tiger its much easier n I reckon that excersise is bad 4 u with how I felt 4 3 days after.

#malc
its grrreaaattttttttt

PeterO

Quote from: "krasha king"Anyone else been thankful to get back on their Tiger?

Oh Yes !  I've had a veriety of "loaners" from my dealer over the years when Tigers have been in for services.  The only time the TIger has felt small was after a week on a Honda Valadero (sp?).  Tigers alway feel like your fave arm chair after riding smaller bikes.  

I too had a Thruxton for a day and even though I only had to ride it a couple of miles from the dealer to my works and back I can agree with your "medevial tourture machine" comment, which is a pity because the engine was very smooth.

Peter

Patrick the Scot

Yes, I road a Daytona 955i for about 30 miles, and I have the same sentiments.  I loved the power of the Daytona, (pulled up the front end at will) but the riding postion was not what I would call pleasant. Isn't this one of the many reasons that we forsake all others in choice of the Tiger?
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

Foxy

I test rode a Daytona 955 for best part of a morning about  year ago. Absolutely loved it and the riding position wasn't too bad at all. Would have bought it if I hadn't made the mistake of telling SWMBO what I'd got up to on it :(

:D

greg

My Tiger went in for a service today, I was loaned a Bonneville. Has to be the most unthreatening motorcycle ever. More like a cuddly toy really. It was fun for a day, but boredom would have set in by 9am tomorrow I am sure. A relief to get back on the Tiger!
2004 Girly.