News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chain tension

Started by kraftdinners, October 11, 2005, 01:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kraftdinners

Hi Folks, just joined the group having got myself a `06 tigger in Blue, traded a Vstrom...anyways I am in the U.K on the south coast near hastings..but I would like to ask a question of you all, what is the correct measurement for drive chain tension, what the handbook book suggests ( 35-40MM ) seems awfully tight when sitting on the bike, i have read around 2" mentioned on the news groups. any ideas ??,,

Regards

Alan

Patrick the Scot

We've written much on this subject, and it keeps coming up because, yes, the book is wrong: your gut knowlegde is correct - your chain is too tight.  

Go to the top of the page you are currently reading, click on "search" and in the query box type in "chain adjustment," or " chain tension" and you will pull up a number of threads that will be most enlightening.  

Good on ya for going the Tiger route. Welcome to the forum.  And that blue color you got is right on.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

djr

I am sure the normal wisdom around here is add 10mm

kraftdinners

Quote from: "Patrick the Scot"We've written much on this subject, and it keeps coming up because, yes, the book is wrong: your gut knowlegde is correct - your chain is too tight.  .

<Snipped>

My apologies, should have searched for the topic first and intended to!...I consider my butt kicked....but thanks for the info...

Alan