News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Just got my second Triumph

Started by NortonCharlie, November 05, 2005, 03:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NortonCharlie

I just bought a low mile salvage title 02 Sprint RS.  I got it cheap enough to use the engine as a spare for my Tiger, but I've decided to fix it and put it back on the road.  This means I will probably end up rebuilding the top end on my Tiger this winter.  A little off topic but I am pretty excited about getting another bike.  This is my 1st real sport bike.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Patrick the Scot

Not off topic at all.  You second bike is more Tiger than it is anything else.  They have many common parts almost like two brothers from the same parents, yet they are not twins.  One brother might be good at track, the other good at football...

Have fun with the wrenches.  It always seems to be mentally relaxing for me when I'm working on the Tiger in the garage.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

whoa

I thought about a used RS when I bought the Tiger.  Nice bike and quite a different ride, so can see where you'd want to have it on the road.  Of course, I'd be happier with the Commando.  :wink:

You gonna do the top end yourself, or have it done?

tigerpa

took a spin today to check out the leaves here in southwestern pennsylvania....68 degress and sunny , just had to ride, even tho' my yard had a bad case of fallen leaves that needed tending.....was cruisin' at a nice pace along a local expressway when i noticed a cycle 1/4 mile or so ahead of me..of course i had to catch him...wouldn't you know it was an RS .....very odd to see another trumpet in this area, except for a few bonnies, so i decided to ride with them for a bit..... needless to say we ended up crankin' along at a pretty good clip for 30 miles or so together...never got much of a chance to view the leaves, but sure had an exciting ride....hope you have as much fun on your new sprint as those two seemed to have, norton charlie...

ride on

NortonCharlie

Whoa, I think I am going to have it done.  This would be the 1st time I've had someone else build a motor for me.  If I'm lucky maybe they will let me watch.

As for the commando, I am starting to  restore  my 73 with the help of a friend.  I will end up with my 73 completely restored with all the matching numbers and he gets the balance of what is left of my 74 parts bike (which is the one I was riding last).  This lets me keep the peace with the wife by keeping the total number of bikes I own the same.  In fact I am going to get rid of my DT400 so the total number drops by 1.  She can't help but be a happy lady, and when she is happy at least I am not unhappy.

I am looking forward to riding the RS, it will never replace the Tiger.  But with 38 pounds lighter and a few more horsepower it should be fun.  I remember being sportier when I weighed 38 lbs less and put out more horsepower.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando