News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Todays MCN

Started by Chris Canning, December 07, 2005, 09:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Those of you who open a copy up today will see an article on the new Tiger,the wheels will definetly be 17",the rest i'd say is still debatable,and i'm not convinced the pipe is correct,but had to smile when they say the picture was taken near the Triumph factory!!!!,and no i'm not going into any detail!!.

ChrisN

All interesting stuff, but has anyone got any idea when Triumph will reveal their hand on a Tiger update. Feb, March, ???

I'll be in the market for an 06 plate and all this speculation is driving me nuts  :?
Chris

Chris Canning

It'll be interesting because i think the bike has got to have a lot work put into it,despite what people may think about their Tigers, Triumph are pretty impressed with the GS they've got at the factory,but i can't see it sufaceing till the end of the year,and now that Triumph have the ability to mold their own plastics the R+D time is cut down,so what it's final appearance or spec will be like is anyones guess.

Sofalofa2005

Chris they reckon it will be anounced in September 06 for an early 07 release... so quite a wait

Chris Canning

Unfortunatley we live in a much smaller world, care of the internet,so the days of putting just a casual comment up without any repercussions are a long time gone,i have a couple of lengthy discussions with someone who stood next to that bike in the fleash so to speak and that was a while back,obviously he was nervous about what he said,just as i am about what a put up here,and besides there's still plenty of time for Triumph change their mind on what they want to do,suffice to say with 17" wheels their not hideing which way their going.

The one word i can quote is 'Slim',and from that picture in the comic that doesn't add up  with discribtion i was given either.

Mudhen

Quote from: "Chris Canning"the wheels will definetly be 17"

\'96 Steamer

Chris Canning

I'll bet within a couple of years you'll get a SuperMoto'd GS at the rate BM are churning out models,BM sell their GS despite haveing a 19" wheel not because of, don't believe me??? have look at how many big bikes KTM have shifted!!!!NOT

Big engine offroaders don't sell,the fact that most people who buy this kind of bike rarly go through a puddle on the local super market car park!!

Mudhen,i've no doubt you do, but there just isn't enough like you to buy e'm,i've heard one joker say he thinks a 17" front wheel on a Tiger is a styling excercise!!,try rideing one, it's take it into another world,although i would think Triumph will alter the head angle to sanitise it a little from what mines like.

Mudhen

I don't think I'd say, 'despite' having the 19"...because that would mean the people buying them know the difference.

Maybe if Triumph make the new Tiger that much more street oriented they'll bring out some sort of mid-sized, real adventure bike.  I can't believe nobody has figured out the formula for that yet...sorta doubt it will be Triumph, though!

Here's a pic.

\'96 Steamer

norwegian-tiger

If the Tiger is going supermotard, and is saying goodbye to touring / allroad, I will say goodbye to Triumph! Just another toy! But I want to belive that Triumph`s not that stupid!
Geir

`00 Girly (on the road)

`98 Steamer (sold)

`84 Honda CBX (in the garden)

www.triumphtiger.net

www.triumphtiger.net/clubscandinavia/

http://www.britz-buzios.com/

georover1

Quote"If the Tiger is going supermotard, and is saying goodbye to touring / allroad, I will say goodbye to Triumph! Just another toy! But I want to belive that Triumph`s not that stupid!"

Ditto
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,

Patrick

It's pity that the future tiger rider will have to make the following decision:

"Will I take my lady with me or my luggage?"

The payload capacity of the present Tiger unreached by Triumph's competitors. Let's pretend adding a Speed Triple backside is just the artist's imagination.

And if Triumph really will neglect me as a touring / allroad rider. I will hold on to the thought that there is some flesh with the rumour of Yamaha developing a new XTZ 1000 T»n»r».

But until that I will try to get as much allroad fun as possible out of my present tiger!

Have fun!

Patrick

ChrisN

Quote from: "norwegian-tiger"If the Tiger is going supermotard, and is saying goodbye to touring / allroad, I will say goodbye to Triumph! Just another toy! But I want to belive that Triumph`s not that stupid!

Just about sums it up for me  :?
Chris

Chris Canning

Two things sorry to be churlish but a Supermotard is the person who rides the bike,he rides a Supermoto!!!

Mines been in Supermoto form with a 17" front wheel,i've had it over 4 years now it will run rings round any Tiger with a 19" front hoop,the latest 05/06 model with a slightly steeper head angle is marginally better(than the older model), and steers quicker but the whole thing is defeated by crap tyres,anyone wants to put their Tourance/Annakee with foot print of a bicycle hoop up against a super sticker 17 tyre!!!!,beleave me gents when i say you couldn't get the best out of your Tigers if you wanted the tyres won't stand for it.

I came within a hairs breath of buying a GS 1200 three weeks ago,but couldn't be done with haveing to supermoto it,even though i've got the info to do it,and what tipped the balanced was the fact i'm not going back to rideing a bike on secondrate rubber.

The Tiger is a road bike!!! who says so??? Triumph do, phone e'm up and ask e'm!!!

greg

Well, if that really is what Triumph are going to do to the Tiger here's one more who will not be continuing the relationship.
2004 Girly.

NortonCharlie

The Tiger in the drawings looks like a fun bike, but not what I want.  I would like to see Triumph make 2 models one more like  the early 955 with plush suspension and forgiving steering geometry, and possibly a Tiger Sport with steeper steering, 17 inch front wheel, sportier suspension and rubber.  Who knows what will happen, if you look at the actuall blurry photo it could be anything.  What I see in the artists rendition is a Buell Ulyssis killer, ugly yes, for me no.  I'm not covinced I would be happy with the current Tiger,  sure it steers faster and feels a bit more planted, but it beats you worse on the rough stuff and isn't as forgiving on dirt and gravel.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando