News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Insurance ?

Started by russ_fae_fyvie, December 13, 2005, 10:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

russ_fae_fyvie

Its time for the annual rip off so before I throw more money away I just wondered what everyone else went for, Fully Comp of TPF&T ??

NortonCharlie

I assume TPF&T is liability coverage.  I did have full coverage for a few years now it's just liability
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

iansoady

Quote from: russ_fae_fyvieIts time for the annual rip off so before I throw more money away I just wondered what everyone else went for, Fully Comp of TPF&T ??

I think you may need to translate this for our transatlantic and andipodean friends :?
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Sofalofa2005

In UK you have 3 choices

Third party = Covers the other party only

Third party Fire and Theft (a.k.a TPF&T) As above but covers... erm... fire and theft

Fully Comprehensive = Covers everything, so as well as the above,if you fall on your arse, the repairs (in theory!) will be sorted by the insurance company

Just out of interest, is that different in the USA?

Russ

BP_LONDON

The crappy thing with insurance is what happened to me. Pay extortionate amount of money for insurance, build up your NCB, then WHAM!, some uninsured moron causes you to write off the bike and he leaves the scene of the accident. This was March 31st 2005 and I still haven't had one pence of my money back, and I am stilll classified as haveing been the cause of the accident according to my insurer until the case is closed.  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

greg

Fully comp on a group policy, 2 bikes and one outfit.
2004 Girly.

tigerjohn

Seemed to be little premium difference between TPF&T and FC...so I went FC. Carole Nash's package for two bikes was a good deal - only cost £30 to add second bike (and, no, it ain't got pedals!) :P