News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Road tires

Started by guydan, January 09, 2006, 12:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: "Chris Canning"I'm sorry but thats not me to say even what make they are,when they launch them i'll put my two peneeth in.

I'm willing to try "them" on my wheels. :)

martingilly

I'm in a similar position. My rear Anakee has about 1k left of use on it and I am contemplating my best bet for the replacement. Since I don't intend on doing anything off roady (hard pack trails of degenerated granite being the worst conditions) I was leaning towards the Michelin Road Pilot, I have htem on my Thunderbird Sport and am extremely impressed, I've used Bridgestones, Metzelers, Avons and the Pilots feel the best and are wearing well. My front tire on the Tiger is in great shape, will it ride well if I mix in a Pilot on the back and keep the Anakee up front?

Cheers,

Martin

djr

Quotewill it ride well if I mix in a Pilot on the back and keep the Anakee up front?

NO!

Quote from: "martingilly"will it ride well if I mix in a Pilot on the back and keep the Anakee up front?

You could always try it and let us know.

guydan

Well the deed is done.  I ended up with Dunlop D607's.  They're not a pure road tire, but close, and they were relatively inexpense.  They got either rave reviews or people thought they were crap, high mileage or low (just like other peoples opinions of other tires).  Took the bike out for the maiden voyage; the tires feel smoother than the Anakees, the bike doesn't seem to "wallow" through the corners like with the Anakees.  I'll revive this post next year once I've worn them out.  Thanks to all who gave opinions.
Cheers,

Doug

huskyjeep

In reply to Martin's question about mixing a front Tourance with a rear Pilot Road......... I have just returned from a 350 mile blitz run of the North Georgia mountains after installing this combo. I can vouch for NO ill effects from this setup. Handled GREAT ! But I do HIGHLY recommend staying with the stock 150 size rear as opposed to the 170 I installed which caused a profile deformation on the outermost 1/2" of tread, which results in a permenant 1/2" chicken strip that will never contact pavement, unless accompanied by other hard parts.
Beware of the Curse of---Too many bikes to enjoy as they should be ! It sux !

martingilly

Thats great to hear, I didn't think it would be a big iussue. The only downside may have been if the rear tyre handled so well you were too aggressive on a corner and the front couldn't match up. I haven't had a scary front end issue in 7k so I figured it'd be OK. Doubt I ever ride to the tyres/bikes limots anyway.

Cheers,

Martin