News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tiger newbie - questions on 95 tiger

Started by eviltwin, January 31, 2006, 09:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eviltwin

Hello cat-people,

I'm looking to buy a 95 tiger with roughly 10,000 miles.

There is very little info on this year triumph to be found...so I'm asking all the 95-97 owners.

Is there anything to look for that tends to go wrong with this bike?

What do you like about it, what do you hate? How is the touring accessories market for this bike (seats, bags, windshields etc.)?

I have to say I like the looks of the early tiger better than the post '97, but if there are mayor technical improvements to the newer cats, i might reconsider.

Also: Any links to technical data and or performance data on the early tigers is more than welcome.

Thanks in advance
Es ist nicht deine Schuld dass die Welt ist wie sie ist, es waer\' nur deine Schuld wenn sie so bleibt!

apache

I have a 97. main issues are clutch sprag on 95/96?, keep a good battery in it to prevent starter drag as Im told. DAR, dreaded alternator rattle. The alt is driven off an engine acessory drive, the flex coupler end on the alt has a habit of the bolt falling out or comming loose. it will rattle like a diesel at idle if its loose.

It would seem an 06 enging and FI in a steamer body would go nicely, many prefer the oldies.

Parts wise in the aftermarket?? slim pickins, seems to be a trand these days if its more than 5 years old forget about it, unless its an XR650 or BMW GS model. Better to make your own goodies anyhow.

Things I hate, short pegs in to far for full foot contact, but then I wear size 13 boots, wind buffeting from short windscreen, so,so dealer network where im at.

spend some time in the acseeories/mods section etc for much info.

enjoy.

floyd_england

I got my '96 Tiger after many years on sportsbikes and now wonder why I didn't go that direction years ago.  :oops:

I can't fault the bike, it rides superb, is confortable, and looks the business!

One change I have made is to raise the forks through the yokes and fit preload spacers, which has made the slightly soft front end perfect.  :)

Good if not slightly dated info can be found at http://www.eighteleven.org.uk/Bikes/Tig ... eneral.htm

As for after market stuff, there are still engine bars and screens available from the likes of Jack Lilley. I've resorted to ebay to get other stuff, such as Nonfango topbox and pannier mounting kit and also a Baglux Tank Harness.

Hope you enjoy your Tigger as much as I enjoy mine.  :D

All the best!
Floyd,

\'84 GPz900R

\'96 Tiger

fret

I had a '93 Tiger. The sprag clutch was sorted by 95 I believe.

Check the front wheel for signs of corrosion.

The fairing screws can seize, great fun if it happens on the tank fixings.

Make sure the proper plug spanner is included as the centre plug is a bitch to get to.

The bars bend easily if dropped :oops:

There are 2 grades of plug too. Mine wouldn't run with winter plugs fitted.

Service intervals are 3000 miles, but you can easily extend them to 6000

A fantastic bike, which got me hooked on Triumphs.