News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New England (USA) Tiger Club/Gathering

Started by Mudhen, February 25, 2006, 12:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

Tallman and I were talking about the possibility of a New England Tiger club of some sort.  Curious if there are any other local Tigers out there that would be interested??

Or maybe to start we could just get together for a ride...I've never actually seen another Tiger on the road...I'm starting to wonder if you people exist in the real world.  :)

Pat
\'96 Steamer

davensocal

If we did exist, would it be a good thing?

Mudhen

Quote from: "davensocal"If we did exist, would it be a good thing?

I have no idea how to answer that... :lol:

This Tiger club thing could work.  I've already heard back from a couple owners...one of them has a '98 and his wife has a '95!  That's 5 local Steamers...must be we're all too poor from buying heating oil to afford fancy fuel injected bikes :roll:
\'96 Steamer

TigerTrax

Why not get your NE riders together and come down to the Tiger Ride-In ..... in June to Georgia ... you might surprised how many NE Tiger riders will show up.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

tallman

Sounds like we have a club forming. When I am in NH in a few weeks to service my Fuel Injected 05 Girly Tiger (no apologies--though I am interested in swapping for a ride on one of the older Steamers} I will see if there's any chance of the dealer coordinating a club from Manchester. How about scheduling a Saturday breakfast and ride in April to see who shows up. I am getting tired of setting up rides with my local Ducati riders.

Mudhen

Quote from: "tallman"Sounds like we have a club forming. When I am in NH in a few weeks to service my Fuel Injected 05 Girly Tiger (no apologies--though I am interested in swapping for a ride on one of the older Steamers} I will see if there's any chance of the dealer coordinating a club from Manchester. How about scheduling a Saturday breakfast and ride in April to see who shows up. I am getting tired of setting up rides with my local Ducati riders.

I'm not much for riding on the street...but I'll certainly make an exception if we can get a gaggle of Tigers together!  (I'm always in favor of breakfast meetings, though...)

7 and counting...not sure if 'rpmnh' has seen this, he's from Manchester, NH...

TT - I'd LUVE to come down to the ride-in!  This is another tough year for big trips, but I'll keep it at the top of my list if things work out.

Pat
\'96 Steamer

tallman

Mudhen or anybody else,

Have any good ideas on mixing in some dirty roads in NH or MA? There'd probably be some really delicious mud to track around here in the Springtime. A route with good food, some asphalt, elevation changes, and some gravel/dirt roads will be fine.

At the risk of sacrilege, if it's deeply into the serious dirt, I'll ride my old G/S instead--it's got knobbies on it and I know it can handle mud (it also barks my shins on those %#@& stupid airhead housings). I don't yet know what the Tiger does in the mud. Maybe we'll find out.

Mudhen

Quote from: "tallman"Mudhen or anybody else,

Have any good ideas on mixing in some dirty roads in NH or MA? There'd probably be some really delicious mud to track around here in the Springtime. A route with good food, some asphalt, elevation changes, and some gravel/dirt roads will be fine.

At the risk of sacrilege, if it's deeply into the serious dirt, I'll ride my old G/S instead--it's got knobbies on it and I know it can handle mud (it also barks my shins on those %#@& stupid airhead housings). I don't yet know what the Tiger does in the mud. Maybe we'll find out.

Dude, Tigers aren't for the dirt... :roll:
\'96 Steamer

Mechanoligist

Just along for the ride

Mudhen

Quote from: "Mechanoligist"Count me in.

Welcome aboard, Mechanologist.  You're #11.  Where are you from?  I'm trying to keep a list of where people are located in case we get heavily weighted to one area or another....we could meet someplace nearer everyone.

Oh ya, Tallman...not sure about the fuelies, but my Steamer goes in the mud kinda like this:

and this:

I've got tons of dirt tracks in my GPS up here...once spring hits, get on up here!  And get some real protection for the underside of the Tiger before you hurt something...   :smt023
\'96 Steamer

tallman

Yup,

That's mud. If my FI can't handle that kind of stuff I will have to find a bike that can. And you're right, the stock new tigers need a skidplate. I am looking into crash bars and a skid (probably HP bars--dunno on the belly metal). Any ideas?

See you all.

Mechanoligist

Quote from: "Mudhen"
Quote from: "Mechanoligist"Count me in.

Welcome aboard, Mechanologist.  You're #11.  Where are you from?  I'm trying to keep a list of where people are located in case we get heavily weighted to one area or another....we could meet someplace nearer everyone.

Oh ya, Tallman...not sure about the fuelies, but my Steamer goes in the mud kinda like this:

and this:

I've got tons of dirt tracks in my GPS up here...once spring hits, get on up here!  And get some real protection for the underside of the Tiger before you hurt something...   :smt023

I am in Sutton Ma. but have bike will travel. Right now she is set up for mostly road. I may pick something up to play in the dirt
Just along for the ride

tallman

HB bars, not H-P (correction noted. Hewlett Packard is off the hook)

That first ride of the year should probably be mostly on the road--though we can stretch the definition of what a "road" is a bit. So your road set-up tiger should be fine.

How about if we get more off-roady when NE dries out a bit more.

Maybe I am just wimping out a bit with my untested new tiger. Que?

Mudhen

I think our group rides will be almost all, if not all, pavement but we'll see how it goes.  There aren't many Tiger people into dirt - but maybe we can learn them!

Happy Trails, Touratech, and Thunderbike are the names that come to mind for crashbars/skid plates for fuelies.  One of the mods here, Sasquatch, custom designed some for his bike then loaned it to Happy Trails and they now make them for sale.  I don't have the website handy, but you may be able to search this site and find it.
\'96 Steamer

echoyankee

I have drooled longingly for that ozarks/Georgia/Tiger ride-in event.  

The most distance I've done with the tiger was a ~350mi trip to Montreal out of NYC and for me,  that's kinda pushing it.  I'm sorry, but my scrawny/bony posterior seating appliance doesn't serve me well with big distance projects.  (Is the tenderfoot equivalent to the Iron Butt a Tender Butt?)

My problem is that my summers past have been chock full of work and the summer present involves overseas family stuff.  (Neither a vacation really.)

This has limited me to commuting and small 'sanity maintenance/escape' trips.  Since I'm an 'average' rider, I have my hands PLENTY full with both wheels on the asphalt.  Though, after some modifications to make sure I don't perforate my oil filter, I suppose I could tackle a fire road or equivalent.  

And it is true that the Tigers are somewhat rare in these parts.  I think I've seen 2 in the time that I've been aboard my 01.  

So, yup, count me in.  

Just, uhm, where should I look for gatherings and events?  This thread?

And, hey, Mudhen, thanks for this idea!