News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

help me, groovy triumph dudes!

Started by el gueche, April 13, 2006, 11:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el gueche

afternoon,

i'm new to the forum and i'm close to trading in my '02 speed 3, for a new '05 tiger. i love the motor so that's a no brainer, my concerns follow, comfort for a passenger and i'm thinking the top box would be very helpful at keeping the cookie happy. any imput re:passenger comfort would be greatly appreciated. oh yeah, how's the seat? front and back?  triumph gel, corbin, sargent, any others, oh groovy ones?

el

phragment

passenger comfort excellent according to mine

obxtiger

i've got the gell seat front and back and a alaskan leather sheep skin butt pad. i can click off ours without stopping exept for gas. no problem. any pillion complaints i just turn up the ipod. lol
beware world I\'ve now got a TIGER on the loose.

Patrick the Scot

Never hauled the wife with me, but I think your assessment is correct in that the rear seat with topbox and pad would be the ticket.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

obxtiger

i want a top box and pad too. just don't want to pay $500. plus. used ones seem impossible to find.
beware world I\'ve now got a TIGER on the loose.

wasions

I got the top bax w/pad specifically for my bride - and she doesn't like the ride.   :roll:   She was spoiled by the huge bench and foot pads on the back of my last bike (a 650 Burgman scooter) and whined after our first ride, "My butt's numb, and so are my feet.  I don't have any room to move around."  I'm thinking, after 31 years of wedded bliss  :wink:   she just doesn't want to sit that close anymore.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

¥TigerTamer?

My wife and I have done some fairly long days on my new 05 Tiger with stock seats.  She is very comfortable on back, but she is petite - 5' 6".  I don't have a top case, just a Wolfman soft tail bag.  She said that on the stock seat she can handle about 5hrs and then starts getting butt-numb and uncomfortable.  We talked about the gel seats and the Alaskan Leather butt-pads.  The Alaskan leather is definately cheaper way to go, but not sure if it would work on its own.  For what the front and rear gel seats cost, you can buy a Corbin.

I got a deal on a used Corbin seat and its supposed to be delivered today.  She is anxious to try it out and see if its that much more comfortable.  Everyone I've talked to has said that the Corbin is the way to go and if the $$$ isn't an issue, then you can get the removeable backrest to go with it.

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

2004 Triumph Daytona 955i SE (sold)

1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 (RIP)

cbxtc6

My GF loves the backpad on my topcase!  It's a SHAD, and costs much less than the Givi .  She also likes the Corbin seat over the stock one.  She absolutely loves the outlet for the heated vest!!  Usual gas stops every 200 miles or so are fine for her.

ArizonaKid

I've got the Triumph top box and pad as well as gel seats and they're fine for long hauls.  I also fabricated a passenger foot peg lowering kit that takes the passenger pegs down about 2" and makes the passenger seating position much less frog like.  No complaints from back there so far. . .
Arizona Kid

Riding hard and fast down Arizona way

2007 Triumph Tiger

Brother Number One

Bike and misses.  Only had it a few weeks (the bike).  Normal seat, Triumph backbox with pad, Touratech panniers.

Now in Morocco with over 2000 miles added; misses says it's the best bike we've ever had.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

TRKTEK

And who would argue with the missus...... :D
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

John Kenneth Galbraith

georover1

My lady dove didn't mind the stock rear seat for comfort but on longer rides we wear our padded bike shorts under our ridding pants. She would however smash into me on hard braking. After putting a top box on she felt more secure and didn't feel like she needed to lean on me so much.  But now none of this is a problem.... she's got her own bike.  :D
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,

¥TigerTamer?

Quote from: "georover1"My lady dove didn't mind the stock rear seat for comfort but on longer rides we wear our padded bike shorts under our ridding pants. :D

Thats funny - I thought I was the only one that did that.

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

2004 Triumph Daytona 955i SE (sold)

1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 (RIP)

georover1

QuoteThats funny - I thought I was the only one that did that.

Heck no. After years of putting on miles on a bicycle you learn all the comfort tricks. :wink:
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,

wasions

I've got lots of cycling shorts laying around so I thought I'd give that a real-world test.  I just got back from a 250 mile ride in Southern Indiana with a friend who was on a 650 Strom.  Guess what?  I'm real sore.  Worse, I think, than with just briefs and jeans.  (Tim was sore, too.  I don't know what he was wearing 'neath though.)

Last week, my dealer put me on a 1050 Sprint ABS while my bike was in the shop.  It had a gel seat.  Although I didn't like the seating position at all (I'm old - I'll take the Tiger), the seat itself was quite nice.  Wonder if wifey....   :wink:
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350