News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

oil filter

Started by Debrucy, April 24, 2006, 03:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Debrucy

hello tiger and tigeresses,question,ive got a 96 tiger and was wondering how often to change the oil filter,i bought the bike 1 year ago,without really a maintanance history,so im about to change the oil,do i need to chang the filter as well?

and whats the life of a air filter?

cheers Derek

Tiger 96

Amsterdam

NL

iansoady

Quote from: "Debrucy"hello tiger and tigeresses,question,ive got a 96 tiger and was wondering how often to change the oil filter,i bought the bike 1 year ago,without really a maintanance history,so im about to change the oil,do i need to chang the filter as well?

and whats the life of a air filter?

cheers Derek

Tiger 96

Amsterdam

NL

I always change the filter with the oil. They're cheap enough. I'm not so fussed about air filters though.....
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

tyrebyter

I change oil and filter at 3000 miles (4800km). The air filter is good until it doesn't pass air efficiently. The recommended interval is irrelevant. Life of the air filter is completely dependant on conditions.
\'01 Camo Tiger

\'98 Speed Triple

Debrucy

thanks a lot,my tiger has been in the garrage all winter,dutch weather was prety bad this year so i just thought id try and spoil the bike,any other things i need to look into,i allready installed a new chain and sprockets.

thanks

Derek

apache

I do my 97`s every 4K miles or so with Mobil 1 MX4T 10/40. Also using either  K&N or OE type filter. The airfilter as mentioned depends on conditions. They say 20K but? The air filter is a pain in the ass to do.

Debrucy,

You don't say what sort of mileage(kilometrage??!!) she's done. If it's near to 36000kms then it'll need a major service which basically means "check everything".