News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Urgent question

Started by Jim S, April 26, 2006, 09:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim S

Hi folks,

I bought a race can for my Tiger from Ebay, it arrived today so I fitted it, it sounds sweet, only problem is at low revs (below 3000rpm) when you open the throttle pretty wide the bike seems to flood itself, feels like it's dropping a cylinder? Up the revs it pulls well, I don't remember the front wheel lifting off the throttle in 2nd before but it does now!

Now for the questions, will re-mapping sort out the flooding issue? Has anyone else had this problem? Also, I'm considering using a removable baffle, it is pretty loud so I'm going to try taming it with a short baffle. Will it need re-mapping for this or will the baffle make little difference?

Questions questions, Thanks in advance for response.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

ArizonaKid

Yes, yes and yes. Your dealer tech can help sort out the mapping issues and load whatever is needed to fix the problem.
Arizona Kid

Riding hard and fast down Arizona way

2007 Triumph Tiger

russ_fae_fyvie

Jim.

I know it goes against the grain for those who don't like Shirlaws, but if you speak to Mark, he sorted mine out.

I bought a Blue Flame Twin Port with removable baffles (and the O2 eliminator thingy) but it was running bad, I took both baffles out and he retuned the engine with the Race Can mod and its been great since then.

Mark is really helpful and even if he doesn't do the work himself he'll make sure whoevers does it will sort it, just from personal experience. If you mention my name he'll run a mile !!

Good luck

Brother Number One

Can only dealers do the remap?  Can•t wait to put a noisy can on mine; will I ever grow up?  :D
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

ChrisN

Quote from: "Brother Number One"Can only dealers do the remap?  Can•t wait to put a noisy can on mine; will I ever grow up?  :D

As far as I know only dealerships can remap - they have a special GameBoy thingy with the mapping software from Triumph.
Chris

Brother Number One

I shall be moving to Thailand in September where, apparently, a 'game boy' is something else entirely.  Better be careful what I ask for  :shock:

If I go for the CCC can, will I be making it more difficult to get a good remap and to take advantage of Triumph updates  :?:
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Jim S

Thanks for the replies folks, I'll pop into Shirlaws in the next week or so when I'm off work, I think I've the dentist in Ellon next week so will be in the area.

I've a CCC can on mine, I've never heard anything so beautiful, it's just, well, a bit loud! I'm planning Europe in a couple of months so would like to leave the pipe on, just quieten it down a little!

Good question though, as it's not the actual Triumph end can will it make a difference to the mapping? Anyone got a clue?
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

kevm

Race cans are all pretty much the same inside.  The Triumph race can map will be fine - I have a Wolf race can and it runs great with the Triumph map

Brother Number One

Quote from: "Jim S"I've a CCC can on mine, I've never heard anything so beautiful, it's just, well, a bit loud! I'm planning Europe in a couple of months so would like to leave the pipe on, just quieten it down a little!

Quote from: "kevm"Race cans are all pretty much the same inside.  The Triumph race can map will be fine - I have a Wolf race can and it runs great with the Triumph map

If you could both arrange some similarly positive news regarding the England team, next month, that would be nice.  8)

Jim S

Just to conclude this post, I was in past Shirlaws , Aberdeen on Thursday and Mark did the business. The difference is immense. The bike runs far better now than ever. It was bad for hunting at lower revs around town, this seems to have been smoothed out a good bit by the race map. The bike now revs freely with no sticking points and sounds fantastic. I did quieten it down by fitting a decibel killer off Ebay, a S/S collar with a seperate tube around five inches long fits into the end of the can, held in place by an allen bolt. Basically a removable baffle.

After 2000 miles with the bike in my first month I'm quite happy with it. It does appear to be growing on me. Hope this helps future can fitting/mapping enquiries!
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

Brother Number One

Quote from: "Jim S"Just to conclude this post

:D