News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Jittery Tiger

Started by marshallnut, May 03, 2006, 08:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marshallnut

Hi, This is my first time so be gentle with me!

I have a 1999 Tiger 900 (885cc), it has recently developed what can only be described as a slight hiccup when running at a steady throttle between 2 to 4000 rpm. Accleration is fine in any gear. My local dealer found my CO to high (at 8) on my first visit and the bike seemed better for a few days, the fault then returned and the dealer found the CO had gone up to 4 (in a week). The fault feels like a something is breaking down electrically or there is a fuelling problem. Has anyone had similar problems and found the solution. I'm not enjoying my bike at the moment and need to sort it - Help!

Brother Number One

Is there anybody there?  I can't help you, mate, but surely somebody can?  :cry:
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

apache

I hear steamers are somewhat prone to coil breakdown by 20k+ miles. There are 3 of them and I think they tend to go 1 at a  time. Fuel wise? is a 99 injected? I dunno. Also after tearing mine down my 97 several times I have found several less than tight electrical connections here and there. The coil leads were one of the spots. Coils tend to go south when they get hot remember so this could be a source. But if hard accelleration is still good Id say its a fueling issue however..