News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

High mileage Tigers check in and how many miles is too much.

Started by georover1, May 16, 2006, 06:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loops

Hmm seems like I'm way out ahead  - unless someone proves me wrong....

My '99 885efi has 66,789 miles on it (that's 107,500km for the europeans out there - hi guys).  Due for it's 66K service soon.

Mobile 1 all the way, dealer serviced approx every 6000 miles.  I use STP injector cleaner every 10,000 miles - don't know if it does any good but it doesn't seem to do any harm.

Rear tyres last 8,000 miles, fronts 20,000.  Chain and sprockets 15-20,00 miles (I have a scot oiler)

Front pads 15,000 and rears about the same.

Hero blobs only last about 10,000 miles or one track day !!!  LOL.

I had header pipe replaced under warrant as the bash plate bracket broke.  It's gone again now, who cares!

I just had to replace the radiator and fan which would have cost £400 from Triumph.  I don't think so!!  So I paid £180 from a breaker.  I had to replace it as she over-heated on a trip through London and the pillion managed to knock over Tigger whilst on th e Woolwhich Ferry - I 'm not sure which caused the radiator to start weeping.  Overheating caused by seized fan bearings.

My plan is to see that 100,000mile (161,000km) stamp in the service book, should be in three years time.

So I challenge you all to get out there and chatch up with my mileage!!!

Take it easy and enjoy the ride

Loops
The more I drive the more I love my Tiger

1999 efi Tiger Yellow ~ 86k miles
2012 HD Electra Glide Classic ~ 40k miles
and Her 250 Rebel ~ 5k miles (and only did 16 miles last year!!)

georover1

Just got back from a 2100 mile ride to CAL. for the MotoGP and the ODO now shows 50543.   Bike runs flawlessly.
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,