News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

manual

Started by Brother Number One, June 12, 2006, 05:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Number One

Will the Haynes manual do or do I really need to pay for the Triumph manual?  I shall be doing the twenty-something thousand service that includes valve clearances.  Not really looking forward to it.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

iansoady

I have both and I have to say the Triumph manual is infinitely superior, especially when it comes to the electrical section. I feel confident to do the valve clearances with it whereas I'd be a bit reluctant with only the Haynes book.

Having said that, the Haynes version is fine for the everyday bits & bobs. And there are one or two "deliberate" mistakes in the Triumph book - eg the statement that the chain tension should be checked on the side stand...........
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

greg

Just posted this on the 'rip off' post aswell:

Am buying manual on cd from ebay, will let you know if any good.
2004 Girly.

¥TigerTamer?

Quote from: "greg"Just posted this on the 'rip off' post aswell:

How much for a copy of that  :wink:

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

2004 Triumph Daytona 955i SE (sold)

1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 (RIP)

Brother Number One

Quote from: "¥TigerTamer™"
Quote from: "greg"Just posted this on the 'rip off' post aswell:

How much for a copy of that  :wink:

Another forum user suggests the ebay seller is a bit of an idiot.  If you get the right CD, you could do a few of us a favour by making it available :wink:
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

JRO

I thought Haynes's was coming out with an updated Tiger manual. Anyone know anything about this?
JRO

2006 Tiger

Jim S

I'd be keen on a copy if possible mate, PM me if it turns out ok.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

klrbill

Anyone even find a good CD manual?
Sincerely,

KLR Bill