News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anyone have a manual? (Rear brake lever Q)

Started by 3Rider, June 26, 2006, 12:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3Rider

Hello all,

I picked up a centrestand kit for my '99 and can't figure out one of the installation steps: The instructions say to remove the rear brake foot lever by removing its pivot bolt. From the back, that pivot point does indeed appear to be a bolt. But from the front, the polished metal head of the bolt is smooth and flat: There's no spot for a torx driver or hex driver. How do you remove this thing?

So much for being sure I could get it on faster than the dealership...

All advice appreciated..

:(

Rob
...fearful symmetri

MARKC

break pedel pivot bolt is is removed with an allen key. I fitted a centre stand to my 2000 Tiger

iansoady

It probably has a cosmetic plastic cap fitted. These just push into the hexagonal hole and can be flipped out with a small screwdriver or similar. Mine has these all over the place - I don't know whether they are original or not.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Chris Canning

3Rider

Well what do you know... just like Ikea

I feel a little foolish but not as foolish as yesterday: Thanks guys.

Rob
...fearful symmetri