News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tyre choice

Started by dobbo, July 03, 2006, 05:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dobbo

any  recommendations for tyres?    i dont off road my 02 tiger, a friend suggested normal road tyres. at present i got metz torances.  any ideas folks?

Brother Number One

Michelin Anakee are good.  Expect grip at the expense of mileage.  I've had two rears on the Tigger and neither looked good at 6000 miles, mainly two-up with luggage.  Front is lasting okay.  They are a road tyre, really, but they look like a trailie tyre. :D
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Sofalofa2005

dobbo our local bike courier bought a brand new Tiger in December 2005 and has done 32,000 miles on it already! He's been through a few sets of tires and reckons the best (he rides road only) by miles are Bridgestone 020's... Mine (Anakees) are due for replacement next month so I'm gonna give them a try. Apparently Michelin Pilot Road's are good too on a Tiger... from feedback it seems most people get about 6,000 miles from a rear from both tires.

Russ

P.S. Anakees... rear lasted 8,600 miles (mainly solo motorway miles) but squared off by about 4,500 miles. Front is pretty much shot. Have done 13,500 miles since October so can't complain about the life of them... Fine in the dry, okay (but not great) in the wet

wasions

The road surfaces you generally ride on have a great deal to do with tire wear.  I'm at around 6,600 miles on my Anakees, and they're just beginning to show signs of squaring off.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

malc

Bloody hell Ive done 4500 miles on my annakees & they will be ready in 500 miles rear is next door to shot now I like they tyres in the dry but dont give me the confidence in the wet so I think Im going for tourance,s as every bike ive had metzler on have been great & ive heard that they last well & have really good all round grip.
its grrreaaattttttttt