News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Coolant temp sensor

Started by geotiger, July 12, 2006, 02:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geotiger

Hey all,

Having a bit of trouble with the temp gauge on my 05 orange tiger with about 5600 miles on it.  

For the last couple of days, the gauge will move barely above the cold, not even to the "normal" tick.  Then occassionally, the needle will show the correct temp then fall back down to cold.

This is disconcerting because yesterday morning it was running cold then all of a sudden the gauge spiked to just below the red mark and the fan kicked in and stayed there until I shut it off at the office and the fan stayed on for quite some time afterwards.

I am wondering if the temp sensor is going south.  Also, does the fan come on and off with readings from the same sensor.  If so then that is no good because the coolant could be overheating but the fan wouldn't come on and the gauge would be reading cold.  

Maybe a loose wire? Where is the temp sensor?

Thanks guys,

Nathan
"The one thing we can learn from history is that we don\'t learn from history." - Shaw

german

I recommend you to verify the coolant level, not only in the reservoir, you need to remove the fuel tank and check in the cap / sensor coolant manifold , it is located in the left side ,   I sent a forum message with the similar event •coolant sys recommendation•.

In my case, I found damaged the thermostat and I need to replace the manifold and Eng head gasket because the eng was overheated without high temp in the indicator.
Tiger 05´, Tiger 09´ ABS, CB550 76´

Brother Number One

I agree.  Getting the tank off aint as hard as it looks, either.  Start with the battery and battery holder and follow your nose from there.  I'm assuming you are not riding a steamer.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger