News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tire change

Started by Hayes, August 03, 2006, 04:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayes

getting ready for a trip down into BC canada. Hopefully I won't have any tire problems, but just in case, any tips, tricks or advice on changing a tire on the road ?

Brother Number One

Only done it on an Enfield Bullet; a bit like changing a bicycle tyre.  I'm not sure how you would get the pressure high enough to seat the tyre on the Tiger; I guess you'd have to use an airline at a garage.  Other than that, you just get levering/dirty/skinned knuckles/on with it/annoyed/etc.

Good luck. :D
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Hayes

Thanks for the input. Good point on the seating the bead, I do carry a plug kit and small compressor (not enought pressure to seat the bead) .Not something that you want to do on the road, I was just wondering about the difficulty in case of a blow out or severe tire damage in the middle of nowhere. Hope for the best and plan for the worst.

Brother Number One

Met a RTW biker in Laos who reckoned that Metz Tourance were virtually unpuncturable.  He'd pulled glass, nails, etc, out of them and just carried on.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Foxy

It's possible, and I carry the kit to do it myself, but I'm not sure I'd want to do it for fun. I carry a small & very cheap compressor that will easily reach the 80 or so psi that will reseat the bead on Tourances, and failing that any quality pump will do the same, but with more sweat involved. Biggest embuggeration is breaking the bead in the first place though, and one of these days I'll try a proper bead breaker and see if that's any easier :)