News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Looking to buy one before they're gone

Started by tahoe_tiger, September 13, 2006, 07:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tahoe_tiger

I went down to the Reno dealership yesterday to look at Tigers after I discovered that the 2007 model is changing for the worse (IMO).  Anyway, they had two left in stock with (they claim) little prospect of getting any more.  Essentially, if I want this bike new without the hassle of getting it shipped from somewhere else now is the time to act.  As the demand for the 06 model perhaps increases because there will be no more made, should I be content to pay close to MSRP?  I know people have purchased them for mid 9k, but are there folks out there who felt good about paying $10,500?  It's still 5-7k less than a BMW (but I don't want to get into that discussion).  Anyway, I guess my question is should the news of a redesign away from a sport tourer to a more dedicated sport bike be driving the prices for existing Tigers up or down? Ideas?  Thanks for the input.  I'd really like to take this one home, but I'm still sitting on the fence.

Cheers

Mike
71 TR6 Tiger

bloaker

my feeling....  there were less than 400 Tigers sold in the US last year.

They are far from in demand.  As much as i love my Tiger, fact is, I am the only one in my area that feels that way.

The longer they sit, the price will go down.  The problem is once they are gone, they are gone.

Foxy

Triumph are supposed to be continuing production of the existing model after the introduction of the new model to appease the whiners, and there will also be a new variant of the new Tiger along sometine soon after to appeal to those of us that prefer something more off road oriented.

DirtBiker

There was one at the Sacramento shop You could give them a call.

Good luck.

Toby

greg

Quote from: "Foxy"Triumph are supposed to be continuing production of the existing model after the introduction of the new model to appease the whiners, and there will also be a new variant of the new Tiger along sometine soon after to appeal to those of us that prefer something more off road oriented.

I read in an interview (Somewhere, can't remember where precisely) with a factory bod that they WILL NOT be continuing to produce the old alongside the new as they do not have the capacity, which is believable considering all the other stuff they are now doing. As for the later introduction of a proper Tiger alongside the Triumph Multistrada, who can tell?
2004 Girly.

pansmiker

I think that Triumph is having a bit of sport with us :lol:

My dealer told me that the current bike will continue along side the new bike. This is not uncommon with car manufacturers. Volvo are very fond of doing this and loading the old model with "free extras".

Paul
The speed of the hand deceives the eye and sometimes blackens it!

TigerTrax

This week is the dealer meeting in Miami...

We'll all have a better idea after that meeting....

I'm glad I have an '06.

BTW .... I personally know of 2 Tigers for sale by private owners.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Ken_T_frm_CA

I bought my blue 06 a few months ago right after the 1st spy shots came out of the 07 and do not regret it a bit.  I absolutely detest that whole ass up and cut short look as it serves no function what so ever and makes it even *more* difficult to mount and carry a passenger not to mention placing the weight of loaded bags even higher.  no thanks!  Get an 06 as I think the final few are going to be leaving dealers to riders that have been on the fence.
Ken T. from Ca.

\"I don\'t approve of political jokes..I\'ve seen too many of them get elected.\"

95\' Trident, 02\' Bonneville, 06\' Tiger

http://www.labiker.com/members/index.php?cc63d31418542

jetpoweredmonkey

I just bought an '06 from Performance in Sacramento.  They quickly replaced it with a nice shiny black one.  I think the Triumph warehouse has a few left, they do not exactly fly off the floors.  I got mine out the door for much lower than the sticker price, no setup/transportation fee, and all the goodies I wanted at cost.  

If it's a 675 you want, you will pay full price.  Make them deal on that Tiger!  Or come buy one in Sacramento, Howard will make you a good deal and runs a great shop.

stanegoli

Imsofar as availability is concerned it really depends upon where you are located.

In some parts of the US Tigers are not popular, yet here in Portland the lcoal dealer sells them quite steadily. He just sold the last '06 he had and says he doesn't expect to get any more. He would like to get more as he feels he would sell them quite quickly.

I've also been wondering whether the fact that it's going away and not really being replaced (the new Tiger is a different beast) will increase value of '06's and earlier....

:?