News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

German Article on new tiger, full pics & details!!!!!!!!

Started by kev187, September 16, 2006, 12:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kev187

Jim S

It's a nice looking bike, but where's the luggage go? I can't tour on that?

I'm still impressed with the look of it though, upside down forks, nice fairing, swing arm is sweet.

The passenger seat looks a bit high? And the thought of no room for luggage kind of puts me off. I'll wait and see if the stories of an Adventure type model running with it to replace the 955i come to pass I reckon. We'll see!
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

kev187

Yeah, same thoughts here.  I would imagine the Tiger is going to get the same luggage system as the sptint ST.  I personally do not like this luggage, my touring partner has the new sprint & the luggage is a mess sticking way up in the air & having a lot less space than his old sprint/current tiger.  

Also the New Tigers seat looks a lot like the sprints.  I am a bit upset overall, I think its a beautiful machine, but its not the direction I would have hoped to see the bike go?

If I am going to go with a smaller tighter bike, I am going to keep my eyes out for the new 800cc BMW GS in the rumor mill.  For now my 2005 Tiger has 9000 miles on it, although its in the shop for its 2nd warranty repair this year.  Life in british bikes ;-)

Possible Luggage Set up via sprint?

klingklang

REally not impress. Even deceived. The tiger loose her charm and nice round curves. Look more like a japanese all around bike like the versys. No more off pavement attractive.  We have the "Steamer" and the "Girly". How should we call the new one:  Godzila

klrbill

If you run the article through bablefish you get a decent translation to english:

http://uk.babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.1000ps.at%2Fforum.asp%3Fthema_id%3D1882526%26id%3D1882526&lp=de_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

PS - have to admit, its growing on me.  I like my '01 and won't probably trade it in to jump on an '07, but I'm biased to the street anyhow and this bike seems to be more toward my bias.  If I ride one and it feels a lot like my tiger, but faster and sharper...I could live with that.  Then there's just the big change in looks to get over...and don't take me wrong guys, but right now we have tiger stripes on our bikes.  The quirkiness can be desirable on one hand.  On the other hand the last time I had tiger stripes on something besides my bike...I think was on the box when I was eating a bowl of Frosted Flakes (theeeyyy'rrree Grrrreeeaaatteee!!).  :)
Sincerely,

KLR Bill

pansmiker

Thanks for taking the trouble to post the photos.

I have an 05 model year tiger in orange. Before I bought I would have alway viewed the older tigers as not nice or old fashioned, frumpy even.  The newer model did have a reasonable appeal but the cost to purchase was a major factor, as I was "on a budget", compared to my usual purchase BMW. Shaft drive from Triumph would be the ultimate and I would never buy another BMW again!

This new incarnation to me is fresh and modern and with the 1050 engine and gearbox will be quick to ride. I am 20 stone (280 pounds) and 6'2" tall so I need a big bike so as long as there is plenty of room I will definitely consider purchasing.

The "off road" aspect doesn't worry me as I run my Tiger with Michelin Road Pilots anyway. I am really looking forward to seeing the 1050 at the NEC.

Paul
The speed of the hand deceives the eye and sometimes blackens it!

JRO

This new bike is not what I bought a Tiger for.  Without luggage, and poorer passenger accomodations, I can't see it being a future replacement for my '06.  It looks like it's made to compete with a Yamaha Fazer.
JRO

2006 Tiger