News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ride it

Started by sporthog93, September 17, 2006, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sporthog93

'98 Tiger At first I kind of wanted to sell. But the more you ride it the better it seems to be! Went for short ride last night, what an awesome bike ! I'd really like to ride a new Girly. Is the seat height a little lower?

tigerhund

Girly Tiger seat height is higher by a noticeable amount if you go from one to the other.  I own both a 98 Steamer and a 2004 Girly--the Steamer is a lower bike, but I find it comfortable even though I am 6'7" tall and am mostly legs.  There is nothing wrong with the steamer and I would encourage you to keep it if you like it.  Pay the dealer to change your air filter, but otherwise it is a pretty good egg all around.

sporthog93

Thanks for the info. I won't pay anyone to work on my bike. I have been a  motorcyle mechanic for almost 30 years. I know I can change an air filter. i really do enjoy this bike though, it is worlds better than my BMW GS airhead.

Tiger seat height is higher by a noticeable amount if you go from one to the other.  I own both a 98 Steamer and a 2004 Girly--the Steamer is a lower bike, but I find it comfortable even though I am 6'7" tall and am mostly legs.  There is nothing wrong with the steamer and I would encourage you to keep it if you like it.  Pay the dealer to change your air filter, but otherwise it is a pretty good egg all around.[/quote]

BengtL

What about "Pay the dealer to change your air filter" ?

Is it a K-N air filter you should change to or?
/Bengt

-98 Black Tiger

BengtL

What about "Pay the dealer to change your air filter" ?

Is it a K-N air filter you should change to or?
/Bengt

-98 Black Tiger

Jim S

Dunno about the steamer but it takes half a day to get the girlies tank off! Easier getting top off of my woman!

As a bike mechanic I'm sure it won't be a problem, with the Girly remember to disconnect the battery or you'll upset the ECU! Air metering unit puts a fault code onto the ECU and puts the light on!

I found the Triumph's a bit fidly, but not too bad.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

iansoady

Quote from: "Jim S"Dunno about the steamer but it takes half a day to get the girlies tank off!

You just need practice mate.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Mudhen

Quote from: "sporthog93"Thanks for the info. I won't pay anyone to work on my bike. I have been a  motorcyle mechanic for almost 30 years. I know I can change an air filter. i really do enjoy this bike though, it is worlds better than my BMW GS airhead.

Sounds to me like someone hasn't tried yet, since it isn't replaceable!!!   :lol:
\'96 Steamer