News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Service Bulletins?

Started by cbxtc6, September 25, 2006, 06:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbxtc6

Does anyone know of specific service bulletins for the '01-'04 Tigers?  I'm particularly interested in a wiring harness bulletin.

Thanks!

Green Geck0

Quote from: "cbxtc6"Does anyone know of specific service bulletins for the '01-'04 Tigers?  I'm particularly interested in a wiring harness bulletin.

Thanks!

I know there is one because I had it done on my '02. Sorry I don't have the SB number. It has to do with wiring harness re-routing if I remember correctly.

Curtis Ross

Calgary, Alberta

iansoady

I have asked on this and other sites but had little response. My 04 had the coolant overflow problem despite being outside the quoted VIN range.

My "dealer" has been unhelpful as usual.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

klrbill

Quote from: "Green Geck0"
Quote from: "cbxtc6"Does anyone know of specific service bulletins...

I know there is one because I had it done on my '02. Sorry I don't have the SB number. It has to do with wiring harness re-routing if I remember correctly.

Curtis Ross

Calgary, Alberta

I second this.  Just had work done at the dealer and I know they had to re-route some "subharness" or heat would have damaged the casing potentially causing shorts, but that's the extent of my current knowledge about it.

Any dealer should be able to give you all current service bulletin information I would think.  Mine pulled the info. up in a computer terminal while I was standing there for about 2 minutes...
Sincerely,

KLR Bill

ArizonaKid

An important one is the one for the quick disconnect fuel line fittings at the gas tank. The original OEM parts are a nylon/plastic material and both male and female fittings WILL break.  The dealer should replace them with metal fittings at no cost to you.
Arizona Kid

Riding hard and fast down Arizona way

2007 Triumph Tiger