News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I've been bitten again..

Started by New-Tiger, October 05, 2006, 12:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New-Tiger

I had an '05 Tiger for 1 yr. I brought it brand new and it was my first bike after taking my test in my early 30's. I had a great time and racked up 16K miles on my trusty steed. Cruising around Europe with my girlfriend on the back for most of it. I loved the upright riding position and the incredible motor.

I sold it last year due to financial reasons and I have to admit, I do miss it.(I call it it because I never got round to naming....it)

I was happy to have had a great year on a great motorbike and come away unscathed. That's it for me, i thought. I've had my fun and I'm still alive.

This year my financials are lookiing up and then I saw it. OMG. Everything I loved about my old Tiger and more......

More power, better brakes, better road holding, suspension, forks. They've even managed to make it more ugly!!

Anyway, enough of this rant. I'm getting a new '07 Tiger and that's the end of it. The only decision is what colour? I really like the look of it in black.....

DirtBiker

Black would be my choice.

But then I allways had Harleys.

I to do not mind the newer bikes if I had the money I would have two in the garage one for dirt and one for ripping up the back roads.

BTW Welcome back!

Toby

tonyb

Let us know when you get it and ride report would be good. :wave  :tigger
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

klrbill

I don't know.  I saw a pic in white and that thing is sharp, and would be really unique looking.  I have an '01 black.  But to buy a new one...I'd be looking seriously at the white one.  Slap a British flag graphic on that sucker?!  That thing would look sharp...
Sincerely,

KLR Bill

zombie

I was going to get a ktm950 supermotard but the more I look at the 07 tigger the more I like it , I don't care what color it comes in cos I paint all my bikes matt black as I can't be arsed to clean anything

Wayne

Get the black one.Besides black bikes are always faster :D  :D

ringy

The first thing I noticed in the picture of the 07 tiger was the ugly front brake master cylinder reservoir. It stuck out like a sore thumb. I wonder if a 06 tiger master cyl. would fit?  :(

JRO

Quote from: "New-Tiger"The only decision is what colour? I really like the look of it in black.....

Try whatever color turns you on.  

Quote from: "New-Tiger"I was happy to have had a great year on a great motorbike and come away unscathed. That's it for me, i thought. I've had my fun and I'm still alive....

With worries like that, you might consider a motorcycle safety course.  Alertness and paranoria keeps one alive, but if you feel you 'came away unscathed' after using a bike for a year, then a little extra advice and experience might not be a bad thing.
JRO

2006 Tiger

New-Tiger

Hey JRO you are right. I was learning new things every day I was riding and by the end of the year I was so much more confident on the bike. No where near as quick as most of you guys (The chaps I met up with for Tiger meeting in Wales last year will back me up on that one! though in my defence I did have Girlfriend on the back and full paniers. And I do mean full, as she packed all the stuff she needed for short weekend!

KlrBill-I see what you are saying about the white. It was the first colour that caught my eye, but just take another look at the black one. Much meaner...

Anyway, I knew you guys would understand my yearning. Can't wait to read the first ride reviews.

Advwannabe

QuoteWith worries like that, you might consider a motorcycle safety course. Alertness and paranoria keeps one alive, but if you feel you 'came away unscathed' after using a bike for a year, then a little extra advice and experience might not be a bad thing.

Couldn't agree more JRO,

Riding and racing for 25 years but could never claim to be 'fast'. Watch some of those bulletproof 18yo 125 GP guys and you'll get the idea.

What I have gained enourmous benefit from though is different experiences. Track days, courses, trail bikes and of course racing itself. Just about everything I've tried has improved me as a rider. I did a season of trials on an old TY250 and got my butt royally kicked by teenagers and middle aged women, but had a great time. Try it sometime newtiger, if you can ride a bike slowly its amazing what you'll learn about  riding it fast.

Cheers,
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Jim S

I can't decide between the white and the yellow! I think the white looks good, a few decals, possibly a large Union jack? Just to break up the colour and to personalise it? But the yellow is very sweet as well, I'd have to see them in real life I suppose.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

Bushwhacker

Quote from: "Jim S"I can't decide between the white and the yellow! I think the white looks good, a few decals, possibly a large Union jack? Just to break up the colour and to personalise it? But the yellow is very sweet as well, I'd have to see them in real life I suppose.

As I said in the other thread, last week I went to the Dealer and traded my British Racing Green 2005 Tiger on a new 2007 Caspian Blue ABS version Tiger to be delivered in March.

I probably should have waited to see it in person and sit on it but the 2005 was just sitting there depreciating so I decided to try to maximize my trade in value.

-
When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2000 Thunderbird Sport - Yellow w/Ghost Flames

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Blue

JRO

Quote from: "New-Tiger"Hey JRO you are right. I was learning new things every day I was riding and by the end of the year I was so much more confident on the bike. No where near as quick as most of you guys (The chaps I met up with for Tiger meeting in Wales last year will back me up on that one! though in my defence I did have Girlfriend on the back and full paniers. And I do mean full, as she packed all the stuff she needed for short weekend!

Yes.... Well, I don't push a bike with wife or kids on the back, either.  I've been using bikes since I was a kid, and I don't claim to be no 'expert' racer, trick rider, or anything like that (I did have a cousin who was, but he's now gone).  I do claim to be an expert 'survivor'.  I've not had a real accident, in all my years of motorcycling (knock wood).  I hit a dog once, and it hurt.  I laid a bike down once, to keep from being squashed by a nitwit - got back up, laughed, and went on, with zero damage (carrying a passenger, too).  I've missed a lot of deer, mostly because I have better sense than speed through deer country.  I'm guilty of breaking a lot of speed limits, particuarly on wide, open freeways.  I've been known to jump kids on their Ninja- bikes (usually sucessfully). But the truth is, I am ever paranoid and cautious, which is what I attribute my survival to.  I've known a lot of better, more accomplished riders, but... They don't ride bikes anymore.  They're dead, or crippled, or afraid to ever ride again.

I still use a bike, almost every single day.

So, if I'm only doing 45 after dark, on some vermin-infested hiway, or I don't 'drift' between a semi and a Surburban on the expressway, or I'm flashing my lights and slowing down because I see some car that I only suspect might pull out on the road in front of me, or I take that harmless black spot on the hiway for an oilslick, when it isn't, or I won't zip through those twistys because I fear Farmer Brown could be moving a load of hay around that corner... Well, go ahead and laugh.  My oldest boy used to, also (funny how I usually seem to get there ahead of him, though).  He's now just a weekender, these days.  Me, I'll still be riding after another ten years (hopefully), just like over the last ten, and the ten before that.  All those laughing folks; they aren't.

Hell, they never had any sense of humor, anyway.

You continue on with that 'unscathed' attitude, and don't give a second of thought to not being as fast as some others.  Instead, worry about when you get to thinking you are fast.
JRO

2006 Tiger

iansoady

Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

davebikeuk

The blue's not bad But it has to be the Black, just looks like a bad ass motorcycle in the Black. Yellow's for girls and GSers.
DAVEBIKE