News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear Brake Pads

Started by Bliker, October 08, 2006, 04:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliker

I need to find a good reliable vendor to order rear brake pads from in the states. I just realized mine are gone and I'm leaving for an 1800 mile + trip on friday. I'm looking for a place that I can depend on having them arrive in a couple of days. Any suggestions on what rear brake pads to get for a 04 Tiger.
2004 Tiger

Foxy

Best I've used is OEM. If that's a bit difficult for you try OEM Honda pads for the rear of a 1988-1997 VFR750. These are the same, but cheaper and more easily available.

Bliker

Thanks for the info. I was able to pick the pads up at a local shop today, without having to make the longer trip to the Triumph shop.
2004 Tiger

BykBoy

Quote from: "Bliker"I need to find a good reliable vendor to order rear brake pads from in the states. I just realized mine are gone and I'm leaving for an 1800 mile + trip on friday. I'm looking for a place that I can depend on having them arrive in a couple of days. Any suggestions on what rear brake pads to get for a 04 Tiger.

I get my EBC Brake stuff from maw on line

Here are the specs from the EBC  site for the Tiger 955i Brake Discs and Pads:

Tiger 955cc (Spoke wheel) (up to VIN 198874) 99-04

FRONT:

Oraganic Pad: FA196*

Sintered Pad: FA196HH*

Rotor: MD649LS① MD649RS①

REAR:

Organic Pad: FA196

Sintered Pad: FA196HH

Rotor: MD643
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE