News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dyno Jet Kit

Started by tonyb, October 13, 2006, 10:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyb

Thinking of getting dyno jet kit for my 855 carb Tiger £106.80, Does anyone know what it wil give to the CAT. Has any one fitted one to there own. :smt014  :-k  :smt008
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

apache

I picked up one for my 97. The needles in the Mikunis had adjustable clips when I took it apart and the looked and measured the same so Kept the stockers with the clips in the middle of the 5 slots. The stock mains in my 97 were 108`s I think. My kit gave you 2 options, 110 and 112`s if you had different exhaust. I ran the 112 with both my stock cans and the ones I had made, worked about the same either way. the pilot screws were uncapped and opened up to about 2.5 out, pilots left alone. In the end I had 112 mains,center clip needles,2.5 out on idle mix screws both airbox ends open with Uni socks on them for pre filters. It ran much stronger etc. Most of my riding was sea level to 2500 feet ele,but did some rides at 8K + ele and was OK. Id be curious to see what the needles down one more notch would have been like. Personally I dont think the jet kits are worth the money, and every K&N filter I see I trash in favor of a good oiled foam or stocker. This is from years of bike tuning and dyno runs. If you good with carbs your better off ordering a selection from Sudco or and doin it yourself.

Hopes this helps.

tonyb

Thanks for your reply, So at the end of the day if its not broken don't fix it.
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever