News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What to call the 1050

Started by Silverstripes, October 29, 2006, 08:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstripes

OK

The older bikes are Steamers.

The newer bikes (Mine included) are called Girlies.

So What are we going to callthe 1050.

Any suggestions ????

T-Strom.... as it looks like a Tiger and a V-strom got together and made a baby!

wasions

I was thinking more 'FZ-Strom'.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

Patrick the Scot

BTW, where did the term "Girly" come from?
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

Bushwhacker

Since Triumph has given up all pretence of dirt capabilities how about

Roadie.

Plus dont you think it looks more like a Yamaha TDM than a vstrom -

When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2000 Thunderbird Sport - Yellow w/Ghost Flames

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Blue

TigerTrax

Roadie.... To much class ....

I'd call it the 'bitch bike' .... fast, furious, untrustworthy, and only likes one on top of her!

And..... something 'bushwhacker' would go after!!!

Pat:

'Girlies' came about when Triumph put 'eyebrows' over the headlights

on their fuelies a few years ago.....actually they are 'sluts' not girlies!

TigerTrax
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

haulin' daze

My '05 "Girly" doesn't have brows. Maybe the ones that don't have them should be called "pluckies" or "Woopies" after the eyebrow-less Goldberg.

Bushwhacker

Quote from: "TigerTrax"something 'bushwhacker' would go after!!!

.....actually they are 'sluts' not girlies!

TigerTrax

Hey if that were the case I would have kept my "slut" instead of trading her on an '07.  :P
When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

Bushwhacker

Quote from: "Patrick the Scot"BTW, where did the term "Girly" come from?

Because for a few years she had eyebrows.

A green Girly with her eyebrows -

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

Quote from: "Bushwhacker"Since Triumph has given up all pretence of dirt capabilities how about

Roadie.

Plus dont you think it looks more like a Yamaha TDM than a vstrom -

Wow...  I still like T-strom.

As far as being a big traile, the new tiger is done. Roadie is fitting, I'd even go so far as to call it a GT, as it will likely do 2 up with luggage on the twisties quite well, but as far as competition with the KTM 950; which I really think was the only competition against the steamer.

My buddy has a 950 Adventure and it's not as dirt orented as the Toomer, its a close second with the same year BMWgs a distant 3rd (primarly due to the nearly 80lbs exess wt.

The "slut" was more of a GS competitior in later years as it became more road worthy....

And now there is this Tstrom looking thing, with what looks like an external fuel tank for a muffy. And I am for more power and all but after riding the 06 I think the power comes on too violently and doesnt have the low end grunt of the 955 or even the carbed 855. Who is to say what the 07 will bring.

Overall I think the Tiger is going back (wayyy back) to its road hooligan image, and leaving the big tralie segment altogether.

And Good Day!

Rob

zombie

Quote from: "Silverstripes"OK

So What are we going to callthe 1050.

Any suggestions ????

Del Boy   cos it'll hustle here and hustle there

jpattigr

The "PM" for Praying Mantis, as that is the look of the bike.

Steamer, Girly and PM or mantis

Stretch

greg

2004 Girly.

tcbezza

I had an interesting conversation yesterday at the Motorcycle show in Birmingham with a rep on the Triumph stand. It went something like this:

Me  - not too happy with the new Tiger I think your marketing guys have missed the boat somewhere

Triumph man Ò Why? is that its a nice bike

Me - it might be, I haven't ridden one yet but it s not a Tiger, the name is wrong.

Triumph man - why is that what should we call it

Me - well the best suggestions are either the lost cause or the T-Storm

Triumph man walks off in a huff.

Well you have to make sure they know your feelings don't you.

:twisted:
Trevor

800 Tiger Road
79 Guzzi V50
72 BSA A65
56 BSA B33