News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer

Started by Rocket Rob, March 02, 2007, 09:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Rob

Anyone know what are the correct pressures for a steamer?

I'm running Pirelli Scorpions front and rear. Triumph handbook and Haynes manual state 30 front and 33 rear......is this right?

tonyb

Thats what i have mine set on two's up might put abit more in

:P
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

Rocket Rob

Thanks for the reply mate...

I'll stick with the handbook settings as they are.

The bike handles ok......what tyres are you running on your Tiger Tony B...?

tonyb

Runing on Avon Distazia AM43/AM44. Look ok for now but will be looking for a new set of boots soon.  :cry:
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

Rocket Rob

Yeah.....difficult to know what to buy. I used to run Tourance's on my R1100GS and they were great. But this came with the Scorpion and so I thought I'd see what they are like. Seem ok so far...

oldrider

:?: Excuse my ignorance but what in the name of hell is the "Steamer" to which you guys refer?   :oops: Cheers John.
Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

Stretch

The early Tigers had steam engines.

Or so we say in referring to the 'old' technology of the late '90's.  Carburetors and such.