News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Leaky Cat

Started by gatling, March 11, 2007, 11:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatling

It apears that my countershaft sprocket seal is leaking again.  Had it fixed on warranty about 1500 miles ago, and now it looks like it's leaking again!   Any suggestions?
Gatling

www.motofoto.cc

2006 KLR 650

2006 Tiger

speedjunkie

From Cpt. Obvious here, yes, take it back and let them do it again!  Make sure to express your extreme displeasure and disappointment in the fact you're bringing back after a mere 1500 miles for the same problem.

Mike
\'01 LC4 640E

\'06 Triumph Tiger

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "gatling"It apears that my countershaft sprocket seal is leaking again.  Had it fixed on warranty about 1500 miles ago, and now it looks like it's leaking again!   Any suggestions?

How much slack are you running in your chain? I've found the factory recommendation to be too little.

Bruin

Asking the ovbious
Bruin\'

gatling

Well, I feel like a dumb shit.

I unfairly smeared Triumph's good name.

It turns out my countershaft seal leak was a not a leak at all. It was chain lube that had agglomerated into the countershaft sprocket cover and, when the engine heated up, started to drip. I cleaned it out, and whaddaya know, the leak disappeared.

My apologies, Triumph Motorcycles. My Tiger is a great bike. I am a dummy.

Gatling

www.motofoto.cc

2006 KLR 650

2006 Tiger

speedjunkie

To err is human!  Just glad it was that simple.  LOVE that blue!!

Mike
\'01 LC4 640E

\'06 Triumph Tiger

kiwitiger

Lovely bike - Pity its not black, whats that oil leak in the shadow under the foot peg mount ??