News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

top speed.

Started by german, March 13, 2007, 03:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

german

Hola.

Some of you know if the bike has a speed limiter?

My max speed has been 190 km/h.

any recommendation to increase the power?
Tiger 05´, Tiger 09´ ABS, CB550 76´

The only limiter is a rev limiter. Could be the altitude if you're up in the mountains.

Increase power? Fit Nitros.

ghostbiker955i

My 05 tops out at 120mph but i have droped the gearing on the front by 1 tooth, also added a blueflame pipe, KnN filter and race map.
If it aint broke, I aint touched it! .........Yet!

AndyM

My 03 topped out at 125mph. Bike was loaded with hard bags and tank bag, throttle wide open for 10 miles or so. Got to love some of the roads in Nevada. Stayed over 100mph for 51 miles straight  :D

german

Thanks guys,

Is interesting know you experiences, let me tell you that the GS 1150 is faster than my cat.

I have tested a tiger 02' and it is more powerful than mine, I think it fitted a map modification , the exhaust gases smell as fuel.

some of you fill that the map mod. increase the fuel consume?
Tiger 05´, Tiger 09´ ABS, CB550 76´

Advwannabe

Mine is bog stock with standard gearing and tops out at 195 Kmh (120 mph). It will slooooowly ramp up to 200k if I crouch but this takes an age to achieve. I'm interested to know how the off road tuned ones go.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

cbxtc6

My newly broken-in '06, with the Staintune pipe and off-road tune, shows an indicated 210kph (~130mph).  My 20,000 mile '03 with stock pipe, and off-road tune showed ~200kph.  

My Daytona 955i with Powermax pipe showed ~272kph.  :D

geoff

I am surprised that you would be trying to get Tiger to do over 200kph. If you want a bike that will do such speeds you should be riding something like a Suzuki Hayabussa. I rode my brothers hotted up Hayabussa and I gave it a big squirt in 3rd gear and a few seconds later it was doing 220kph. This same bike has done sub 10 sec 1/4 mile times, but I would rather ride my Tiger at more sedate speeds that keep me and my license in tact.  :wink:

gatling

I've seen 110 on my box-stock '06 Tiger, but I haven't tried to take it over that.  No need to, really.  FWIW, my KLR650 will hit an indicated 103 mph.
Gatling

www.motofoto.cc

2006 KLR 650

2006 Tiger

blacktiger

Interesting,  Last summer I took my stock 05 up to 120mph and backed off, I thought I had more  to go but maybe not.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bushwhacker

I had my bone stock 05 up to an indicated 115 and it still seemed to have more to give, however, according to my GPS this indicated 115 was an actual 108.

-
When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2000 Thunderbird Sport - Yellow w/Ghost Flames

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Blue

Bushwhacker

Quote from: "german"Hola.

Some of you know if the bike has a speed limiter?

My max speed has been 190 km/h.

any recommendation to increase the power?

To increase power you need more gas and more air.

The easiest way is to install an aftermarket pipe and remap the ECU.

For even more power, open the pipe completely, swap cams with a Daytona 955 engine, and get you a Tune Boy so you can custom map the ECU (or use a Daytona ECU and map accordingly).  If you can get the map right this should easily give you another 20 or more crank HP and allow you to bump the rev limiter in 6th gear.

-
When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2000 Thunderbird Sport - Yellow w/Ghost Flames

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Blue

JRO

Some of you guys seem to have slow bikes.  My '06 will cruise at 100, although I find 90 (mph, that is), more comfortable.  I am curious about the difference; sprokets, or something else?
JRO

2006 Tiger

ghostbiker955i

Affter thinking about this a little more i noticed affter a droped the gearing down allthough the revs to mph alltered about 400-600 revs my top speed stayed the same at 120 (just a little higher revs)

so the more i think about it the more the original poster may be right, maybe there IS a speed limiter.
If it aint broke, I aint touched it! .........Yet!

gatling

I recently completed a trip through Baja on my Tiger (watch for the upcoming trip report at www.motofoto.cc).  At one point I touched 120 mph (indicated in 5th gear).
Gatling

www.motofoto.cc

2006 KLR 650

2006 Tiger