News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Texas Tigers?

Started by dword, April 07, 2007, 07:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dword

Texas Tigers?  Just curious how many of us there are and where.

I was outside Austin this weekend at a rally and out of 5000 bikes I didn't see any Tigers but mine!  I'm east of Dallas about 55 miles.

Bushwhacker

I am in Houston.

I had a 955 BRG Tiger.  Traded it for a new White 1050 ABS Tiger.

Two sites you might be interested in which may get you more information.  I think you may find more Texas Tiger riders on both of these sites -

Texas Triumph Riders -

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Tex ... =182781488

Two Wheeled Texans -

http://twtex.com/forums/index.php
When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2000 Thunderbird Sport - Yellow w/Ghost Flames

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Blue

geotiger

Another one here from Canyon, up by Amarillo. (yes that is still in Texas :lol: )

If anyone of you are up this way, let me know.

Nathan
"The one thing we can learn from history is that we don\'t learn from history." - Shaw

dword

Then I will holler next time I go to Taos.  I normally take a trip up there every summer.. camp out in eagles nest somewhere and then drive back..

its 660 miles one way.. so I look for excuses to stop and walk about abit..

geotiger

Quote from: "dword"Then I will holler next time I go to Taos.  I normally take a trip up there every summer.. camp out in eagles nest somewhere and then drive back..

its 660 miles one way.. so I look for excuses to stop and walk about abit..

I was just over that way June 9-12.  Did the Enchanted Circle, then down to Santa Fe and back around.  Great places.
"The one thing we can learn from history is that we don\'t learn from history." - Shaw

CBAT

Howdy! I'm a new Tiger rider. Just bought a red '96. It is a sweet ride. Austin/Central Texas is my prowling grounds. I love riding in the Hill Country.
Bruce

Tama's Tigre

Montgomery, Texas, here... north of Houston, west of Conroe.  The Sam Houston Forest is my back yard, both off and on road.  Having a blast on my new 06 Tiger  :!:

CBAT, after it cools down a bit, I'd love to cruise the Hill Country...

TigerTrax

I know tehre are at least 6 more Tigers in Texas...

Hope you guys can buzz up to Jasper, ARkansas Oct 4-6 for the last Tiger Ride-In of the year... it's a Hoot!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Tama's Tigre

TigerTrax,

Give us some info on that Jasper ride... love to make it :!:

CBAT

Riding in Arkansas is awesome. My mother lives in Bella Vista, far NW corner of the state. A good road any direction you go from there. However, my vacation is all committed for this year.
Bruce

CBAT

Quote from: "Tama's Tigre"Montgomery, Texas, here... north of Houston, west of Conroe.  The Sam Houston Forest is my back yard, both off and on road.  Having a blast on my new 06 Tiger  :!:

I hear that. I should have some maintenance items taken care of by then and be ready to go.
Bruce

Tama's Tigre

Quote from: "CBAT"
Quote from: "Tama's Tigre"Montgomery, Texas, here... north of Houston, west of Conroe.  The Sam Houston Forest is my back yard, both off and on road.  Having a blast on my new 06 Tiger  :!:

I hear that. I should have some maintenance items taken care of by then and be ready to go.

Cool, been all over the Hill Country (God's Country) on my VTX.  All asphalt, but I'd love to explore some jeep trails (or even something a little more challenging, if you're up to it).  Let me know when you're ready.  :D

Hey Moto Tigre, if you're out there, you're invited too  :!:  :!:  :!:

TigerTrax

Attached is our flyer showing the 2007 Tiger Ride-In dates/locations.

For Jasper, we just had a major glitch, but it should be worked out in 1-2 days.

**** NOTE: The HUB has been cancelled.
        We are getting other arrangements.

**** Shady Oak Campground is still good... getting full.

Problems: Contact me   mailto:TigerRide-In@cox.net">TigerRide-In@cox.net
                We'll get it fixed.
Don't eat too much.... you'll 'heave' riding the 'twisties'.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

grrrh

Hey Geotiger!
My Mrs and i are shortly setting off for a long trip on our Tiger.
We will be riding up through the western side of south america from Santiago right through to central america,mexico and into texas.
We have planned to visit Amarillo and expect to be there end of january/ early february 08. Maybe we could tee up when we get there?
We'll have a blog site soon and I'll post the address here.
We plan to travel across the southern states to see friends in Fla.and then into GA and up through the Appalachians to Niagara Falls.
If there are any more Tiger owners along this route,We'd love to meet up with you.
Look forward to hearing from you.
watch yer mouth on t\' corners

Stretch

There are a few of us in north Georgia.  Drop me a PM when you have a rough schedule worked out.