News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hello from West Virginia

Started by Guest, April 09, 2007, 10:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just wanted to say hello and glad I found this site.Just purchased an 01 tiger 955i to add to the stable.Currently own a 07 vstrom(wifes),and an 05 klr.I wanted the tiger for extended trips.The tiger was kept on a showroom floor and had less than 6000 miles.Came with Triumph HP exhaust,new metz tourances,complete set of Triumph luggage (Givi),performance chip,tank cover,and frame sliders.Has never seen a dusty road,much less a cloudy day :lol: Looking for crash bars,bash plate.I have a set of Happy Trail Panniers on the klr, 9" owyhees.Thought about buying the su rack and swapping these back and forth,but looks like the right side pannier is made different for the tiger.I have seen several crash bars on here and am not familiar with the tiger aftermarket manufacturers,so any help would be GREATLY appreciated in pointing me in the right direction.

Kay and I live in St.Marys ,anyone close?

First long shot for this bike is Nova Scotia in july

Happy Trails

Mike

zadok_oz

Sounds like a great bike Mike. Don't forget to post some pics when you can. There has been a lot of discussion about crash bars on this and the RAT forum. I went for the Fehling bars as they were well priced for me here and I like the look of them.

Pics on this thread, near the end: http://www.triumph-tiger.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2994
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

TigerTrax

Mike..come see aBUNCH of Tigers at the Tiger Ride-In this June 21-23 in Wellsboro, PA...

Look for the Fat Katz!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Hey Tigertrax,sounds like a good time.was wanting to confirm the dates.June 21-23 is a thursday thru sat, Is this correct? Man,I like wellsboro,cool old town.been thru there on 6 a couple of times.Did biz with a fellow from Roulette up the road apeice.My wife and I are headed to Nova Scotia on the bikes starting that thursday.Looks like that would be a perfect side stop on our way North.Is there info anywhere on this gathering?

thanks,

Mike

bluzdoctor

Hey Mike:

I am in Morgantown. Just bought an '01 a month ago. Glad to see some other West Virginia folks here...

bluz

:smt041 Man,that's great.Clarksburg looks like a good rally spot in the future for some day riding east.I am new to the Tigers all together.So far,so good.Ride a klr most of the time.Have an 05 and have put 17,000 on it so far.I average about a 1,000 miles a month.Give me a shout if your up for some ridin and trips

Happy Trails

Mike

zombie

I got an 01 as well

cracking bike and  really the best choice you could have made for a great all rounder

welcome to  big cat ownership

TigerTrax

WV Mike... et al:

I am attempting to throw our poster as an attachement....

if it does not work.... pop over to the Tiger Ride-In message board:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/us_tiger_ride_ins/

or the Wellsboro Rally Site:

www.nittanyroadriders.com/TRIn/PA2007.htm

Finally... there's a group of Tiger riders ... some from FL... heading up to Atlanta, Knoxville, and working their way up to Wellsboro. If you hook up with them..... I guarantee it won't be boring! See the yahoo site for their thread.

I have a set of Ma's Cycles crash bars. They are nice a tight, look good, and should give good protection.

eldiii

bluzdoctor

I will try to make it over; this summer I am working on a big project for a September deadline. :cry:

Can I come for part of the time, like a day or so?

bluz

TigerTrax

Come join us... even if for a day/night.

FYI... there will be several riders who have been coming to this event

4 years..... from a long distance. We have a really good group and when people do show up.... they come back ( except for an occasional grump).

You'll meet some fine folks.

Trax

jsingraham

several riders who have been coming to this event

4 years.....

Jerry, isn't this the 5th year for the annual ride-ins.  I think 03 was the first one in Osage Beach wasn't it?

Jason

06 Blue
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

eldiii

Hey bluzdoctor, the Ride-Ins aren't formal....come and go as you please.  Show up for a ride, the BBQ or all 3 days.  FYI...this is not a "park'm and talk trash" event...or a boozfest...we do allot of riding with fellow Tiger Brethren and break bread in the PM after several hundred miles of twisties, switch backs, sliders, etc.

eldiii

forester

Hey Bluzdoctor,  I live about 40 miles east of Morgantown. I just bought an 06 Tiger and am planning on going up for a day or so. If you are interested in riding up together PM me.

bloaker

I believe I will be in WV next weekend.  Extended weekend of back road riding.  My riding buddies will be on a Tuano and 919.  So do I bring the Tiger or R1?  hmmmm......