News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Battery life

Started by Chris Canning, April 19, 2007, 08:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

My 955 is 6 years old now and still has the original battery,any others the same.

Not exactly. My original battery is still going but it powers the lights in my shed. I replaced it with a VARTA after 4 years for peace of mind reasons.

Brother Number One

Haven't seen mine since August.  It's plugged into a black cuboid thing I bought from Halfords.  Hope it's okay.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

HockleyBoy

Just replaced mine at 2 years old, apparantly leaving the ignition and lights switched on for an hour or so flattens it and charging it with a a car charger on fast charge as you are in a hurry to get out kills it completely.

Now have a new VARTA battery and an Optimate charger (couldn't get the brain transplant I needed) and all is well again.

:)
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

Off to Monza WSB on Tuesday,thought i'd had my moneys worth out of my original battery,i know these things can go over night and had a slight loss of nerve!! do quite a bit with Odyssey batterys( i do own a beemer!!) and fitted a PC310,will be easier for most to buy a straight replacement but the PC works fine,even though it is a lot smaller.

norwegian-tiger

I replaced it on my ¥98 last spring after 8 years. It suddenly stopped working, so I think I could replace it a year earlier. Going home at night, in the rain with only parking lights on (not enough juice in the battery to serve booth lights and sparkplugs at the same time) was an interesting experience!
Geir

`00 Girly (on the road)

`98 Steamer (sold)

`84 Honda CBX (in the garden)

www.triumphtiger.net

www.triumphtiger.net/clubscandinavia/

http://www.britz-buzios.com/