News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Alarm plug?

Started by randel, April 29, 2007, 10:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randel

Hi,

I am wondering, where exactly is placed connection plug for alarm. Only info I could find says "under the back seat" but on my '01 tiger there is only pcm and diagnostics plug. I have Haynes manual but except wiring diagram there is no word about that plug.
2001 Roulette Green Tiger

I don't know if we should answer this sort of question because you could be a thief thinking about disarming one.

Anyway, I took my alarm off because it just gets on yer tits with all it's beeping and arming just when you don't want it to. My reasoning? Who'd want to nick a 5 year old scratched up Tiger anyway? AND, in the UK no-one pays any attention to an alarm blaring away. Better off with a good shackle lock IMHO.

randel

Well, I found this plug by myself. Just a little bit of logical thinking. About this thief thing - when you just remove alarm from the plug you have to reconnect fuel pump and ignition wires - and these connections are not shown in wiring diagram. So I don't think knowing just the location of plug will help thief too much. Not talking about work you have to do to get to the plug - it will look at least starnge to do it on the street.

Btw, my alarm is on and working now - keeping curious people away. Serious thief will find his way anyway.
2001 Roulette Green Tiger