News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

sticky throttle

Started by Anonymous, June 20, 2007, 01:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

HELP.....

when i throttle back the revs dont drop to idle speed as they should,they sort of stick at 2500 revs and then slowly decrease.ive fitted a new throttle cable but it made no difference.

what could it be.....
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

blacktiger

I think that you need to adjust the MAP sensor with scanner.

When you start the bike cold the RPMs go on at 2000, after some seconds go down at 1500+- after a min go down at the RPMs normal operation (1250+-)?.

This is the normal operation, if not the case, maybe you need to check the IAC valve operation.

german

Quote from: "Anonymous"I think that you need to adjust the MAP sensor with scanner.

When you start the bike cold the RPMs go on at 2000, after some seconds go down at 1500+- after a min go down at the RPMs normal operation (1250+-)?.

This is the normal operation, if not the case, maybe you need to check the IAC valve operation.
Tiger 05´, Tiger 09´ ABS, CB550 76´

blacktiger

it does the same thing even when the engine is warmed up

iansoady

You could have an air leak on one or more of the rubber hoses from the IAC valve to the throttle bodies. This would give the same effect as the IAC valve not fully closing.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

blacktiger

thanks.

that leak sounds promising.will check it out