News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

For Sale: 1998 Triumph Tiger "Steamer" -Scottsdale

Started by CrashDBad, June 25, 2007, 12:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrashDBad

Bought in 4/06 and rode it back from California to AZ. Since I have added a Corbin Seat and Triumph/Givi Rack and luggage. The seat mase all the difference in being able to ride all day. The original Triumph luggage and racks are extremely difficult and expensive to find. I have kept track of all the services since I have owned it. The 98 was the last production year for the "Steamer" models and had most of the kinks worked out. I could see theses bikes developing the kind of cult following of the airhead gs vs the oilheads. More aggresive looks and stance than the later fuel injected models.

I've recently bought a 950 Adventure and don't see the point in keeping both bikes (although the tiger is infinitley better suited to road work). I've spent over $1k servicing the bike and renewing consumables in preparation for summer, only to find a deal on the KTM and have put very few miles on the Tiger since.

23k miles

Corbin saddle and OEM seat

Triumph/Givi Racks and panniers/topcase

Marsee teardrop tankbag

recently serviced:

22k valves adjusted

" " new DID Gold Chain ans Sporckets

" " new sparkplugs

" " new tires

" " new airbox/filter

" " coolant flushed

" " Synth Oil/ Filter changed