News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Mirror backwards? How can something so simple.....

Started by Jomama, June 26, 2007, 03:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jomama

go so wrong...

So the first thing I did when I brought my new to me bike ('96) was to lean it into my boat when I parked it in the garage the first time, broke the left mirror off..

Finally got the OEM replacement today from bikebandit...

Went to put it on...  Spins round and round.. And stops where it is essentially pointing at me   :x  :?:  ?  So not really reversed.. but pointing straight back at me were I on the bike?  

There was no option for R/L mirror, but then, its not like its off by 180degrees.

It seems so simple, but am I missing something?  It appears to me there is a spacer on the threaded end (same as the originals).  Is it actually a fitting to allow the mirror to spin?

I cant for the life of me loosen it on the one I broke or the new one.  I was really reefing on the old one and could not get it off?  

Any help?  I cant believe I'm being foiled by a mirror...
1996 Tiger
2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Dbl Cab Longbed SR5
**sold** /cry...  1993 FZJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser

bloaker

You are missing something....

The mirrors are identicle left and right.  You need to line it up and tighten it when you get it set.  It is simple once you figure it out, but I can see when it would be confusing.

Jomama

So the two separate parts that you can put a wrench on at the base (by the threads?) is a tightening mechanism?
1996 Tiger

Jomama

Thanks for the help, that did it..    Threads were reversed on the top locking nut, of course I had already cranked it tight before I tried to see if it was reversed threads..  Was on there really tight.
1996 Tiger

bloaker

Glad you got it sorted