News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

looking for special roads in New York and Pensylvania

Started by NortonCharlie, September 19, 2007, 12:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NortonCharlie

I'm flying to Albany Wednesday morning to pick up a new (to me) Tiger.  I have about a week to get back to Iowa.  I'm thinking of spending a couple days exploring that area and meandering back west.  Anyone have any good suggestions or will be in the area to meet up for a ride or lunch or whatever.

My 1st night will be spent somewhere within about 100 miles of Oneonta, NY.  This is the start of my vacation so any direction is possible.  It has been ages since I have been to this part of the country, about all I can remember is that it was beautiful.

I am not going to be carrying any camping gear so will be seeking lodgings at night.  I'm pretty cheap and would prefer $40-$60 rooms if possible.  Also I am a big fan of good food and am not as cheap as far as that is concerned.  Are there any local specialties in route that I simply shouldn't miss.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

NortonCharlie

I'm back. found great roads, a couple of $50.00 rooms ( a couple twice that) and a few good meals and one exceptional one.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Stretch

Cool!  Have any photos and comments to post?  Might make a good Ride Report...

abruzzi

I just got back from PA also.  I rode a bit with my dad (on his Honda Magna)  I couldn't tell you what roads we were on, but it was the "endless mountain" region north of Scranton, and the roads up there were quite nice.

Geof

Stretch

I had a Magna for many years.  Great bike.