News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Warped Steamer Tank

Started by BR, October 06, 2007, 05:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

I have had my tank on and off a few times in the recent past.  It's always a bitch to line up those rear holes.  The way I do it?  Just get the front holes barely started.  Pry the tank forward using your favorite awl through one of the rear tank holes until you can get the other rear bolt started, then remove the awl and put the other bolt in.  Some cussing and swearing is usually required. :evil:
From parts unknown.

harre

JetdocX tip came in handy when my warped tank was fitted after 8 months off (tried the strap method first-no workie). First I removed the rear tank mounting bracket from the frame (2 screws on each side), and then I attached the tank to the bracket using the two bolts, the bracket is pushed towards the tank as much as possible before securing the bolts.  Then I fitted the tank with the front bolt to the frame and placed the rear bracket between the rear lugs. The bracket offset is about 1/2 inch. To push the bracket in position I used a small car jack, placed between the bar behind the coolant tank and the bracket (see attached images). Best method tried so far. Thanks JetdocX. Placing the jack on its side worked even better.