News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger wave

Started by haulin' daze, December 06, 2007, 03:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haulin' daze

Guys I work with think my 05 is either butt-ugly, or really cool looking. None of them have ever seen another tiger around. Hell, I've only seen a couple myself.

A few of us were over in London last week walking to a pub outside Heathrow when lo and behold, up comes a black Girly to the stoplight. The three guys were stunned to see another Tiger.   :shock:  One of them asked me "so, do you guys have a special little wave or something so they know you ride one too?"

There is my question to you all. If you're ride down the road and someone waves/salutes/pumps his fist etc., would you even think he's another Tiger rider? Or would you assume he's just some idiot hoping you take your eyes off the road and wreck?

noivson

I wave to all riders, the # of returns sure have diminished. When the RatPack goes for rides, the Tiger draws attention. Of course there will be more with the recent mods....
[/img]
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

pit0rz

I wave 99% of the time.  I usually get the wave back maybe 75% of the time?  Guess who doesn't wave...
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

JetdocX

The girlies sure like to wave back when I'm on the Steamer.

I wave to all of you (two wheelers)  and I don't give a flying f*ck how many of you wave back. :wink:
From parts unknown.

Advwannabe

I've got a whole month off and celebrated by riding down to Melbourne on Frank the FJ to see some friends then back to Brisbane yesterday. Saw and waved to about 25 bikes over the two runs, about half the folk traveling were on Hogs.

Waves returned by Hog riders ( apart from the one I had a coffee with in Coonabarrabran): zip

Waves returned by riders of Italian, Japanese, German and British machinery: 100%

WTF!!!!! I'm a live and let live kinda guy but that's ridiculous. A few years ago I had to ride a Hog down the West coast of Oz and it has to be said I had a good time. I waved to other riders on different bikes. Always. I hereby apologise if I've broken some secret code

But I'm still going to wave to them too, Jetdox, life's too short.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Stretch

Aside from meeting WIDGIN and TigerRider for a ride this past summer, I've only ever seen one Tiger on the hoof... a Roulette Green Girly in Gray, Georgia.  I was in my Jeep, though.

When I'm on my bike, I wave at other riders anyhow, but if not... eh, the owner of this green Girly probably thought I was just some nut...

noivson

:?:  I thought all Jeeps wave?   :D
I know of 2 other Tigers here in Central IN, haven't seen them...being on a night 3-2-2 schedule sure doesn't help!
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

blacktiger

Sounds like you guys have never seen more than one at a time........
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Stretch

WIDGIN's '05, my '05, and TigerRider's '98.

WIDGIN

Yes, we need to get another micro-rally together.  If we could get all the Tiger riders in Atlanta metro together, we'd have a fair sized crowd. 8)
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

"Say when..."

:mrgreen:

Heck yeah, I'd love to.  I have TKC's on it now, so the off-road bits should be more enjoyable.

haulin' daze

When I'm riding, I throw out the hand regardless of the type of bike going in the opposite direction. Wisconsin-made bikes never wave back. Sportbikes (usually young riders with t-shirts, shorts, and flip flops around hear) rarely wave. Sport tourers are 50/50. The only ones that always wave back are the GS's, Stroms, Adventures and other big trailies.   :D

BiggerTigger

When I bought my steamer (used), I had never even seen another tiger.
Since then, I've seen one other one (a Girly), who I immediately introduced myself to.
So, in my case, wave isn't enough - I turn around and run the other one down until I catch up.

ridin gaijin

Nice pics BlackTiger!

Believe it or not in 25k and 24 US states, I've never once seen another 900/955 Tiger on the road (RAT Raids the exception). I'm with Bigger--if I saw another I'd chase it down.

I started waving in Japan. There, it was a Peace sign made across the tank. I wave almost all the time here (obvious flip-flop wearing idiots also excepted) unless I'm concentrating on something like a curve or coming to a stoplight. I get return waves almost 100% but I don't begrudge those who don't.

Gotta say though...nothing like the embarrassed feeling of waving...then realizing it's one of those scooters-on-steroids they sell these days! Damn things are as big as proper bikes, with full headlights, too...
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "ridin gaijin"nothing like the embarrassed feeling of waving...then realizing it's one of those scooters-on-steroids they sell these days! Damn things are as big as proper bikes, with full headlights, too...

I wave at everyone on two wheels - including bicyclists. I figure it's just another part of the two-wheeled dodging cages experience. I love waving at big bikes when I'm on my CT90 - I almost always get a smile.

Bruin'
Bruin\'