News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How many Tigers?

Started by brad1098, December 11, 2007, 04:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brad1098

Lots of talk about rare Tiger sightings, I have only seen 1.  How many of us are there.  Does anyone have access to production numbers or U.S. import numbers.  I would like to know from Steamers all the way to the "Bike of the Year" 1050.  Any speculation?
02 black-Lorna

TigerTrax

The numbers I've seen bantered around are about 250 -300 units in '04-'05... or there about.
But what ever......... it's easy to see the dealers refused to get behind the Tiger.  ( Several of those guys are gone now ).

At the same time... BMW was tearing up the market with the GS, even introducing a special edition; Adding the FS650; The Adventure; And now the FS800.

Hardly-Davidson introduced the Ulyses; Suzuki VeeStrom; And look for a couple of others ......
So Triumph abandoned a growing market where they had the BEST bike at 50% less money! I don't get it.

So I went out and bought an '06 and am satisfied...... until the next wild hair.

Trax
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

brad1098

I agree, I saw the 05? redo of the GS increase horsepower as a direct counteraction to be more competetive with the ponies of the Tiger.
02 black-Lorna

alf885

I guess Triumph did get it wrong, the 05 sold out virtually and the 06 was brought forward to meet demand. My local dealer says the 07 is very popular and has attracted new riders to Triumph. They've taken 955's in part ex but there's none left in the showroom, that tells you something I think. I prefer the 06, got to say that I bought one 4 weeks ago. As a road bike it's great fun, off road I don't know yet (if ever), but I do see quite a few around here in NW UK. How many Tigers? Including the twins, Cubs, Steamers, Girlies and Roadies, must be millions! alf

Advwannabe

Hi Alf,

Oz is a much smaller market than yours but the proportions may be relevent.

in 06 they sold @65 Tigers according to the stats garnered by MCnews website.

They sold that many by April this year before the new Tiger hit the streets.

That could be run out deals, or it could be that the new Tiger was the tipping point for those who had been thinking about a Girly.

I'll be interested to see how the new one has fared in the market at the end of the year.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Stretch

Quote from: "Advwannabe"in 06 they sold @65 Tigers according to the stats garnered by MCnews website.

Is that 265?

haulin' daze

I've only seen 3 'round these parts (aside from mine). One green Steamer at a local hospital. Must be a commuter, I saw it a few times in the same spot. There's a woman a few towns over that has an orange Girly like mine. Ipassed her once and she looked shocked to see me. The mechanic at the local Triumph shop said had 40k miles as of last winter. She's making me look bad  :roll: .
About 2months ago I was in my truck (it was pouring) and I got behind a bike I didn't recognise. It made a left and I realized it was a white 07. It was very sharp looking on the road in my opinion.

brad1098

Yes, i was thinking about all the dealers ive been to over last couple years and how few there were.  My local shop Belleville IL 2 Girlies 1 Roadie (I demoed in flurries) Las Vegas 0 Alburqueque 0 Little Rock 0 So. Chicago 0 FL panhandle 1 Girly. Austin 1 Roadie. Seattle 0. I think, it gets kinda fuzzy. Damn few.
02 black-Lorna

zombie

Quote from: "haulin' daze"I've only seen 3 'round these parts (aside from mine). One green Steamer at a local hospital. Must be a commuter, I saw it a few times in the same spot. There's a woman a few towns over that has an orange Girly like mine. Ipassed her once and she looked shocked to see me. The mechanic at the local Triumph shop said had 40k miles as of last winter. She's making me look bad  :roll: .
About 2months ago I was in my truck (it was pouring) and I got behind a bike I didn't recognise. It made a left and I realized it was a white 07. It was very sharp looking on the road in my opinion.

Down here on the cape there are a few , and there are quite a few in mass ya just have to know where to look

Dalb

I've seen one.

A guy at work owns a Black (Is it a Girly?) with silver stripes, must be an 02 or 03.

Can't remember when he bought it, but it really is a neat bike, he bought it to replace a Bonneville if I recall.

I'd never seen anything like it before, and its the bike that got me interested in Triumphs.

The fact that you don't see many of them is part of the appeal.

Sick of cruisers.  :roll:

Don't want to be a squid.
I used to ride bicycles, but I\'m tired of peddling.

HappyMan

Quote from: "TigerTrax"........ it's easy to see the dealers refused to get behind the Tiger.  

The dealer I bought mine from today said he wasn't sold on the Tiger until he took one out for a ride.  To quote him he said "you've got to ride one of them to understand it.  They're incredible."
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "Dalb"Sick of cruisers.  :roll:

Don't want to be a squid.

'ats right!
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

ridin gaijin

--Despite wide travels, I've never seen a single other Tiger on the road, except for the Red Rocks RAT Raid and the Hot Springs RAT Raid. It's a kind of lonely feeling but at the same time a very distinctive one.
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

HappyMan

Quote from: "ridin gaijin"...It's a kind of lonely feeling but at the same time a very distinctive one.

Yeah, I like that. 8)
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Advwannabe

QuoteAdvwannabe wrote:

in 06 they sold @65 Tigers according to the stats garnered by MCnews website.

Is that 265?

Sorry Stretch, didn't see your question. Yes that's 65. Told you we were a small market. The no1 and 2 adventure bikes last year were the Wee Strom and 12GS at around about (figures from memory) 200-250 units each.

Cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180