News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph Paint Formulae

Started by Stretch, December 16, 2007, 08:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

I have Triumph's paint codes, but I'm having a hard time finding an aftermarket paint supplier (DuPont, PPG et al) who has the formulae for mixing specific Triumph colors.

All I can do now is look through DuPont chip books, trying to match up colors by eye... it isn't working.

Has anybody taken their Tigger in to a body shop for repairs and had the paint matched and parts repainted the correct factory color?

If so, please drop me a line and let me know the name, location, and phone number of the body shop, so I can get in touch with their paint supplier.

Thanks!

bjorn toulouse

I wonder if anyone knows what Co. is the OEM supplier to Triumph?
Have you tried an e-mail to Triumph USA?

Rex
In Dog We Truck
When the going gets weird, the weird turn Pro!

Stretch

DuPont supplied the older colors and IVC most of the newer ones.

I haven't contacted Triumph yet, I was trying to do this locally first.

McGuiver

I'm all ears on this topic, as I have to get some items painted in Caspian Blue. The Tiumph web site has Caspian Blue listed as 462110101 Dupont. Hey Stretch...........you mean you tried an auto paint place with the dupont code that Triumph has listed, and they couldn't hook you up? That will suck, as my parts are supposed to go to the body shop this Thursday. :cry:
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

2005 GasGas 450 FSE

littlefield

The auto paint place we have down here in podunckville has an optical paint matching device. I assumed others have the same thing. They take a scan of the paint then run it through some software and it spits out a forumula.

McGuiver

I've found the color scans to not always be real accurate with a metallic color though! I just found a website by googling and came up with a code.....not sure it's good till I call the body-shop but if it is, I'll link you to the site...........
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

2005 GasGas 450 FSE

McGuiver

Well so far the best I have been able to do is get a paint code for Dupont.............my body shop wants a paint code for PPG! There does not seem to be a conversion available. Why is everything such a pain in the butt? :roll: .....anyway google Standox paint for Triumph, and you should be able to get a code, just not in PPG.
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

2005 GasGas 450 FSE

Stretch

Quote from: "littlefield"The auto paint place we have down here in podunckville has an optical paint matching device. I assumed others have the same thing. They take a scan of the paint then run it through some software and it spits out a forumula.

Tried it... no go.  Like McGuiver said, they don't work well with metallics, and even worse with candy (tinted clears over silver / gold) colors.

------------------------

McG, I have the codes, it's the color recipes themselves that no one seems to have.

I'll keep looking.

Thanks for the replies.