News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger O.E fuel filter ripoff

Started by tigerdown, January 10, 2008, 11:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerdown

Don't buy a fuel filter from your local Triumph dealer,as they will charge £35  :shock:  Instead get the filter as fitted to the BMW oilheads or K series they're all the same, I used mahle KL145 cost £9 Exactly the same filter :D

HappyMan

Wow!  That's quite a difference.  Thanks for the heads up.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Advwannabe

Dear moderators,

Here's a good topic for a sticky: a list of cross matched cheaper parts for Tigger. Cheers Tigerdown
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

paulie

great tip, thanks! :!:
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

Stretch

Quote from: "Advwannabe"Dear moderators,

Here's a good topic for a sticky: a list of cross matched cheaper parts for Tigger. Cheers Tigerdown

Good idea.

Submitted to Abruzzi for his approval.

blacktiger

Just today fitted one to my Tigger. Yes, £33.50 but at least it's got "Triumph" printed on it. :roll: And comes in a nice cardboard box with "Triumph" all over it.
I didn't realise the difference was THAT much. Bugger, I was in a BMW dealers just the other day. Oh well. Next time.

Good post.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Chris Canning

See BT and there's me thinking your just a tight arse,then you go out splashing your money about :wink:

iansoady

I was wondering what he was doing in a BM dealers.......
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

TigerTrax

Me thinks you can go about it 2 ways:

1. Find a cross referenced compatible part, buy it, use, and move on.

2. Use the OEM: buy it, use it, and move on.

But to castigate a manufacturer because of the price he charges for his
branded parts.... that's yelling 'red is red'... we all know it.

The mfr sugg list on a new Tiger puts it amongst the most affordable bikes on the market, and has since 2000 or even earlier. Thousands lower than it's competitors. I didn't hear anyone bitching about that.

Finally... the one who bitches most probably wants to see 'dealer serviced records' on any used bike he may be wanting to buy. When the owner says, " I do all my own service and don't buy OEM parts",  I would ask myself, "What other corners did this guy cut?"

So again, to castigate a manufacturer for their parts pricing policies is petty.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

tigerdown

Jeez..Is this site supporter for real,What a total asshat.Lighten up my friend  :D

Stretch

Quote from: "tigerdown"Jeez..Is this site supporter for real,What a total asshat.Lighten up my friend  :D

Take your own advice.

A free exchange of information and opinions is welcome here, but it shalt  remain civil.

blacktiger

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Finally... the one who bitches most probably wants to see 'dealer serviced records' on any used bike he may be wanting to buy. When the owner says, " I do all my own service and don't buy OEM parts",  I would ask myself, "What other corners did this guy cut?"

Thing is mate, we're NOT cutting corners. It's EXACTLY the same part. A Mahle KL145 fuel filter.
The one I've just pulled out of my tank was fitted by a Triumph dealer and DID'T have Triumph written on it. The one I've just bought (from a Triumph dealer) and fitted DID have Triumph written on it. So who's cutting corners here?
It's the same bit and, if we can buy it for less, it's not cutting corners.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.