News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Tiger Rider in Roswell Georgia

Started by jaeman, February 21, 2008, 12:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaeman

Hi everyone,
Just bought a 2000 Tiger and love every bit of the motorcycle.
I live in Roswell Georgia, so let me know if anyone lives nearby...
I usually ride up to the mountains on the weeekend, so let me know if anyone want to ride.

HockleyBoy

Hi Jaeman,

Welcome to the forum, hopefully you will enjoy your Tiger as much as the rest of us do. Great choice of bike.  :D

I believe Stretch is based in Georgia, not sure how close to you though.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

WIDGIN

Welcome jaeman,

I live in Roswell and so does Tigerrider.  Stretch is in Athens but has visited the mountain passes and surely will again this spring.  I think there are two or three other Tigers in Roswell but not sure who they are.    

I'm certainly game for a run up to the mountains, and know some good routes up instead of GA400.  However, I'm busy this weekend.  Maybe next week?   :idea:
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

paulie

welcome jaeman!!  8)

damn you guys for talking about riding.. here its below zero with over 6" of snow still on the ground.  :x
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

jaeman

Thanks for all the welcome...
Widgin, I usually hit the mountains every weekend.  Usually on Sunday.
Maybe we can hook up next sunday, let me know.  I'll be riding this sunday...  suppose to be sunny and sixties...

flux

Hey guys, I am in Dawsonville, just over the Lumpkin County line on Hwy 9.  Hit me up whenever y'all wanna ride.  I think I am out of town the next 2 weekends though.  Going to Neduro's clinic in TN (from ADVrider) this weekend and probably Ocala and maybe Key West next week.  Time will tell.

pizzaman383

I live in Roswell, GA, too.  I ride a black 2004 Tiger and go up to the mountains.  I have a number of GPS routes if you're interested.
PizzaMan383
Black 2004 Tiger

Author: Passionate About Pizza Cookbook

Bliker

I'm in Woodstock, about ten miles from Roswell. I also ride in the N. Ga. Mts. and like to hit Tennessee and and N. Carolina also.
2004 Tiger

Stretch

Yep, Hello from Athens.  I'm picking mud from my boots from a dual-sport ride this afternoon, about 20 miles of dirt roads (after two days of rain) and 110 miles of blacktop.

I'll see if I can get some pics posted before too long.

jaeman

This is fantastic!!!  We definitely need to have a "tiger roam" in the mountains...
Has anyone taken the tiger on the Fire service roads?  I just got the bike so I don't know how they will handle on the gravel...

HappyMan

Quote from: "jaeman"This is fantastic!!!  We definitely need to have a "tiger roam" in the mountains...
Has anyone taken the tiger on the Fire service roads?  I just got the bike so I don't know how they will handle on the gravel...

I took my Tiger out for about 75 miles of dirt road today and quite frankly it handles the gravel roads better than my DR did with it's horrible stock tires.  Most of my travel was between 50 and 65 mph and the bike is solid.  Tracks well and power slides incredibly well for a heavy bike.  I am quite pleased with this bike!  :occasion14
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

WIDGIN

Quote from: "jaeman"This is fantastic!!!  We definitely need to have a "tiger roam" in the mountains...

There are some nice fire roads in Coopers Creek WMA near Roswell.  Tigers do fine on most of them, but hope you have a skid-pan to thwart the rocks on the rougher sections. :lol:
Mine's starting to look like a lumpy mattress in a fleabag motel from all the dings :oops:

Check out the following thread from last fall when we christened Stretches skid-pan:  
http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,51
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

A large time was had by all.

TigerTrax

You guys down SOUTH .................. PISS ME OFF !

Today..... my driveway's FIRST WEEK OF DECEMBER ICE melted about 20% !

And tell that Dancing Tiger he can't dance worth squat!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

HappyMan

Quote from: "TigerTrax"You guys down SOUTH .................. PISS ME OFF !

Today..... my driveway's FIRST WEEK OF DECEMBER ICE melted about 20% !

And tell that Dancing Tiger he can't dance worth squat!

Hee hee....I'll feel your pain brother!  My biggest problem is getting my bike down my ice covered driveway (finally cleared) and then cleaning the bike off when I get back.  Way to much salt in MN and I sure as hell can't pull a hose out when it's below freezing to clean the bike so I'm having to clean it by hand with rags, soap water and Simple Green.  Then I hear you guys talking about going for a nice country ride and I'm ready to hop on the freeway and head south!!  I'm so friggin jealous I'm turning green!!  :grnb
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com