News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

High beams

Started by RickV, February 24, 2008, 03:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickV

I noticed the other day that when I turn on the high beam (head lights) only the left lap goes to high beam.  Are both suppose to get brighter or just the one on the left?

Rick

RickV

btw... this is a `99 Tiger I've owned for about 4 months.

Mustang

98 model both low beams on and switch to hi beam they are both on
don't know if the 99 is the same but try swapping the bulbs around and that will tell you if you have a bad bulb

CBAT

Sounds like a bad bulb. I had the opposite problem when I bought mine. Only one low beam. New bulb fixed her right up.
Bruce

mark.d.rivers

The UK versions of the bike left the factory with one lamp working on dipped and both on main beam. An additional relay was required for the second dipped beam. Don't know if this applied to bikes destined for other countries.
Mark

2000 Tiger 885i in Lightning Yellow
1995 XJ900 Diversion in bits

Bear

2006 Black Tiger
Street Triple (Minister for War & Finance)
DZR 250 K6 (Kids)
KTM 600
TT600
XT250
KT120

Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.