News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chain/Sprockets Deal

Started by sanjoh, March 10, 2008, 04:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanjoh

Time for new chain and sprockets.  Has anyone come across a good deal on these items?
01 Tiger
00 XR650R
84 VF1K
05 R6

cbxtc6

I've been looking at the same thing, and believe it or not, it seems the package deal (both sprockets AND o-ring chain ~ $190) at the dealer is the best price.  Let me know if you find something better.

sanjoh

That's about the price I've seen for the dealer combo.

For those of you that have replaced your chain/sprockets is this the best deal?
01 Tiger
00 XR650R
84 VF1K
05 R6

ridin gaijin

After dicking around with changing the toothiness ratios and then deciding not to, I too went for the dealer pack.
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

Bixxer Bob

I, too, am looking at replacing my chain and sprocket set after only 8k miles - even with a Scottoiler (I get at least 28k out of a chain on my Blackbird + Scottoiler and she puts out 139bhp at the rear wheel).

I've never been impressed with Triumph OE sets,  my old 900 Trident used to get through them after about 8k too, so I'll be shopping around for something else.

By the way, I'm not changing it because of excess stretch or anything,  but it's just developed a harsh, speed-related vibe above about 80 mph.  The rear sprocket is ever so slightly worn, so I think that is where it's coming from.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...