News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dash/Tank Fit

Started by gatling, March 16, 2008, 05:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatling

I just pulled the tank on my 2006 to check the valves and then put everything back together.  Something I never noticed before and now I'm wondering if I did something wrong...the dash on the right side actually contacts the top edge of the tank (near where the turnsignal cover interfaces, just below it)...and the coolant puke tank doesn't fit in the tank recess on the right side.  Everything bolted up and the side panels and the turn signal panels all fit okay, I just never noticed if these other areas were the same as they are now.  Sound right to you guys, or did I screw something up?
Gatling

www.motofoto.cc

2006 KLR 650

2006 Tiger

WIDGIN

You realize that KLR parts don't mix with Tiger parts!  :)
Sounds like you botched the reassembly process.   :oops:
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

iansoady

Does sound wrong. However, despite taking a lot of care with mine, the fairing's always about 5mm closer to the tank on one side than the other. And it always needs a fair amount of pressure to get it into position.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650