News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Brake Pad recommendation

Started by WIDGIN, March 19, 2008, 12:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WIDGIN

Anyone got a favorite replacement pad (or at least a favorite manufacturer?)  

It looks like EBC, SBS, Braking all offer pads for the 955 through Kneedraggers for about half Triumph's price.  I haven't checked other sources yet.  I know I should get Sintered instead of Organic and not a race compound but not much else.
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

I use sintered EBC's because I can get them locally at the Ducati shop.

The owner is one of the former big wheels at Atlanta Triumph-Ducati and knows 955's pretty well.  And he's a super nice guy, so I'm glad to help him out with buying generic items from him.

WIDGIN

You have a LOCAL Ducati shop?  Must be for all the starving students or rich professors? :lol:

Half the reason I'm going to order pads is that I'm about ready to get a silver fender kit from you.  Since I'll need to drain the brake lines anyway I might as well change pads.  
Once I win again at poker this Thursday, I'm ready.  8)

Interested in a mechanic day some Sunday?  I'll supply the beer.  I also need to show off my new highway pegs.
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

Cos

Put EBC HH pads (sintered i believe) on the Tiger last week. So far, i'm liking the feel. Bout 32 bucks per caliper if i remember correctly.

JetdocX swears by Galfer Green pads. Would've tried those but the guys at Cyclebrake.com didn't know for sure that they fitted the cast wheel Tigers. Help me out here Stretch, are our pads and previous year pads different??? I didn't think so.

Stretch

Quote from: "Cos"Help me out here Stretch, are our pads and previous year pads different??? I didn't think so.

Czech out our handy Cross-Reference Guide...  http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,4017

WIDGIN

Thanks guys,

I just ordered some EBC HH Sintered pads on-line.  About half the price of the dealers.  :shock:
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.