News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

new fuel tank

Started by n4naked, March 28, 2008, 02:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n4naked

when i bought my 05 tiger there was cosmetic damage to the fuel tank.
i managed to get a brand new tank at a good price from another triumph dealer.
there are no fittings on the new tank.
my question is can i transfer all the fittings from the old to the new tank or do you guys recommend purchase of new fittings?

any advice would be appreciated.

Stretch

You can use the old fittings, but be careful with them.  The fuel line disconnects are a bit fragile, although not so much as the pre-'03 all-plastic ones.

HockleyBoy

Do you mind me asking which dealer as I have a similar problem with damage to the tank and am deciding between respray and new tank. If the price is good then a new tank seems the easier way to go.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

n4naked

Quote from: "HockleyBoy"Do you mind me asking which dealer as I have a similar problem with damage to the tank and am deciding between respray and new tank. If the price is good then a new tank seems the easier way to go.

hi,

it was triumph in york.
i got it in dec (30 mins before i bought the bike :) ) and they were trying to clear stock, so i think it was a one-off.....it cost me £125 (plus £50 p+p).