News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2002 wheels on to 2006 tiger

Started by doobie, May 07, 2008, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doobie

I have been offered a pair of wire spoke wheels of 02 tiger has anyone
fitted these to a mag wheel tiger  i was looking at setting these wheels
up for knobby tires and running two sets of wheels
gerzurgan
06 tiger
stretchatech front guard
h/b crash bars
piaa d/lights
mustang pegs
moorhouse ergo seat

Stretch

I've been wanting to do that also.

But there seems to be some dimensional differences between the two styles of wheels, keeping them from being interchangeable.

For example, the Dymag wheels for Tigers are only available for 1999-2004 models (the years with wire-spoke wheels).  The Dymags will not fit 2005-06 models with cast wheels.

Looks like the both of us are simply going to have to find a gently used set of cast wheels.

Digger3

I've been trying to get my hands on a set of spoked rims for about a year now, wanting to do the same.

Basically all that has to be adjusted (that I know of) is total width of spacers to fit the later swingarm, with adjustment to line up the sprockets.  Since the spacers are aluminum anyway, they should be easy to turn (I'd go with a harder aluminum than stock though, maybe 6061).  Other adjustment would be rotor alignment with the rear caliper.  I do not know if the axles are the same diameter, but there are enough variations of bearings on the market to swap them out to match though.  There is little doubt in my mind they could be made to work with some careful measurements of the '06 wheel
Rage Against Age