News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tps

Started by doc, May 22, 2008, 01:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc

hello everyone,
so i took my 06 to the dealer yesterday(still under warranty) because the engine light came on and was stalling and runnig rough.
today i picked it up and was told the code read tps high voltage input. they cleared the code and is now running normal. i rode about an hour after picking it up and all seems good.
so my question is what could have caused the tps to to send that information. i would not like to be a 3 day ride from home if it happens again.
 thanks for any advice, doc

Bruincounselor

Sometimes I get a code after pulling the tank/disconnecting the battery. A low/old battery will alse get you fault codes. Usually it defaults to limp mode and doesn't run terrible. There may be more to your problem or it might be a random act of electrons.
Bruin\'